5: Missing

MISSING

I woke up in a bed, in a strange room of odd dimensions. Defiantly not a hospital bed. My head was throbbing and I felt weak but strong enough to get up and explore.

I opened the door and walked down a staircase to the left of me. Mr. and Mrs. Andersson sitting by the table talking; so I hid around the corner to tune into their conversation.

"She starts school next week and the best thing that we can do is try to forget what happened and make sure she feels welcome here. I know it hasn't been a great start; but we have to try not to give up." A man had said.

"Alright." I swear all Mrs. Andersson said was 'alright'. I truly hated the word.

I walked into the kitchen to grab an apple and sit next to the couple.

"How are you feeling Sweets?" Mr. Andersson asked trying to comfort me.

"I'm fine." I said, but every bit of it was a lie. I had lost Oscars number yesterday. I don't know where he is right now or if he is ok. I was lost to say the least.

"Well I am going to head out today with Mrs. Andersson and pick up some medicine for you kay?"

"That's fine I guess."

"OK, we will be back as soon as possible. There is food on the stove if you are hungry and a shower if you need. But please stay home while we are gone?"

"OK." I answered back; the likelihood that I would actually stay put was very low. I had to go back to the train wreck and try to remember what happened.

Mr. and Mrs. Andersson were out fast and had to travel a ways to the pharmacy. So I had at least an hour before they would notice that I left.

I got back onto the train and headed towards the closest open station to the crash and walked the rest of the way.

I guess the ambulances worked all day yesterday and into the night, because today construction workers were cleaning up the broken train pieces.

I hid a top of a hill to see the action go down and not get caught. White covered my eyes in a flash and something hit my face hard with the chilly wind. By instinct I grabbed my face and I realized it was paper.

With Oscar's number.

No words could explain how happy I was. I didn't even have my cellphone on me to call him I had to go home first. I'm sure the people on the train thought I was crazy. At one moment I would be normal and the next I would shriek of happiness. I loved his writing it was slightly messy but it was Oscars writing.

I walked back into the house and leaped straight up to my room to find my phone. Dialing the number my fingers were shaking.

"Hello?" a woman's voice spoke.

"Hey! Is Oscar there?"

---

The phone hung up. I couldn't believe what was happening. I called again but there was no answer. I could hardly believe it.

The front door opened downstairs and Mr. Andersson came up to my room.

Here is some medicine and painkillers. I also got this for your arm." I took the white and blue bottles of pills from his hands and thanked him.

"I understand if you would like to stay home for today but I was thinking that we should go clothes shopping. School starts soon and you should be ready."

"Really? Thank you so much! I'd love to go." at least shopping would take my mind off of things for a while. I didn't even what to begin to think about what my mom would say if she heard that I was in this crash.

Mr. Andersson took me to H&M and a bunch of other stores and I got 4 new outfits for school. I also went and bought school supplies for myself. I was all set for the week ahead of me. I just hoped Oscar was in as good of shape as I was.