The Gunsling

Nine- The Gunsling

The following morning I was woken up bright and early by Jinxx. “Ash, come on. We’re going to go see Andy.” I rolled on my side, and looked up at Jinxx. He had his hair and everything else done already. “I’m up. Damn, what time is it?” I asked, rubbing my head. The sunlight coming in from the window was bothering my eyes. “It’s a quarter to seven.” “Oh, Andy normally wakes me up at, like, six for school, so I’m used to getting up early.” “Don’t get too used to it. Here on the bus, we sleep till noon and eat breakfast at two PM.” I laughed, and stood up. I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was still up in a pony tail from last night, but a few strands of hair were loose.

“But I’m a natural morning person, so I woke up at five.” “But what if you have a show till two-the-morning? That’s only three hours of sleep.” “Well, sometimes I sleep in, but today, it’s for my brother.” I smiled. It was so sweet how all five of the guys cared for each other like brother’s. It made me feel lucky to have them in my life.

“You have the prettiest smile.” That made my day. I was blushing so hard. That always happens when I’m around Jinxx.

I went back to my vanity, and picked up my hair brush. I ran it through my hair a few times just to get the knots out. I crimped it, and then put a blue hair extension in, crimping that, as well.

“You do your hair and makeup first?” “My routine is normally clothes, shoes, hair, brush my teeth, makeup, and any other crap I have to do.” “No wonder why Andy wakes you up so early.”

I looked through my bag to find an outfit for the day. I took out an Alesana shirt, a pair of black leggings that were ripped all over the front, and a pair of short, platform heels that had a rose design on them.

I turned around and was kissed by Jinxx. Oh, yeah! Best freaking morning ever! I smiled into it and wrapped my arms around Jinxx’s neck. His arms snaked their way around my waist. I heard the door open, but neither of us broke.

“Oh, my, God! Their sucking face!” Then we broke. I saw CC standing in the door way. Damn, CC. “Dude, go! We’re busy. I’ll be out in a second.” “Oh, so you’re going to watch her-“ “CC! Your dirty-minded-“ “I’m leaving!” CC left, and then Jinxx went to leave. “Hey.” I turned around. “I love you.” He said. I really have to start getting up earlier. “I loved you, too.”

I did love him, right? Of course I love him. I always have.

By twelve PM, all of us were in the hospital with Andy. All they did was give him pain medication and wrap his ribs. “Do you feel better at all?” I asked. “Well, my ribs still hurt like hell, but I’m leaving today.” “But their giving you six weeks to recover. This is something to joke around with, bro.” Jinxx said.

I could tell he was just as worried as me. “That would be six weeks of shows canceled. I can’t do that. The only thing I can’t do is scream as much as I would like to. It’ll put too much pressure on my ribs.” “Andy, you need to recover.” CC said. I don’t think he’s ever been so serious in his life. “I’m fine.”

Soon, Andy was released, and we were all just acting lazy. “So you’re really going to do a show tonight?” Jake asked Andy who was laying on the couch without a shirt. I know a lot of girls who would love to be in this position right now.

“Yes! Why wouldn’t I? I just have broken ribs! I’m not totally disabled.” “Ok. I’m just worried about you.” Jake said. “Yeah.” I added. “We all love you, and we just want to make sure you’re ok.” “I’m fine. I promise.”

Andy got up from the couch and winced in pain. “You sure you’re ok?” “Yeah. I’ll be in our room. Just come get me when it’s time for the show.” Andy shut the door and immediately the rest of us starting talking about how in denial he is. “He’s so in denial.” CC said. “Yep. He’s always been like that.” I added. “What are we going to do?” “I don’t know. I just hope he doesn’t hurt himself again.