Ritual

After getting to the venue, the guys started sound checks. I had never really been backstage that many times. It was really cool.

“Jinxx, test your amp.” Andy said.

    “Kay.” Jinxx plugged his sick guitar into his amp and played the beginning chords of “Perfect Weapon”, and it was really loud! You could FEEL the place vibrate. I mean, I’ve been to a BVB concert many times, and I’ve seen a few other bands live like Evanescence, Asking Alexandria, Vampires Everywhere!, and Motionless In White.

    The Motionless In White was the most…crazy. Chris jumped into the audience at the end of “Immaculate Misconception!” It was amazing! Andy had to go with me since I was only twelve and we told my mom we were going to Hot Topic. So I got to go to Hot Topic right after to make it look like we didn’t lie.

     The guys checked all their instruments and microphones and everything worked fine, so they decided to run through a few songs. It all sounded so cool without the screaming girls in the background. And Jinxx looked so gorgeous without any War Paint on, playing his custom guitar perfectly like it was breathing to him.

“How’d we sound?” Andy asked.

“Epic.”

“YAY! I’m going to go put my makeup on!” CC said.

“Is he drunk?” I asked. I should be used to his little outbursts. That’s just CC.

   “Ash, you want to come hang out with me?” Jinxx asked.

I swear, I went all fan girl on the inside.

“Sure.” I just smiled and walked backstage with him.

“Hey, can I do something?” Jinxx asked.

“That all depends.” “Just come with me.” Jinxx grabbed my hand, and took me to where the guys do their War Paint.

“Do you want me to put War Paint on you?"

“Hell yes! I never got to before because my mom won’t let me wear it.”

“Why not?”

“She says it’s not for girls.”

“Well, she has a point….You know I’m really glad you decided to come on tour with us.”

“Me, too. I wasn’t going to sit in a house all by myself for six months.” “True. So who’s design do you want?”

“Um….Andy’s, I guess.”

“Sure.”

    A half an hour later, I had Andy’s design on my face. Jinxx even drew the lip ring with liquid eye liner.

“Thanks, Jinxx. I look so cool.

“No prob. Glad you like it. I normally suck at the other guys’ designs.”

“Well, you did pretty well for a guy who sucks.”

Jinxx was just about to speak when CC came in

“Oh, hey guys.” He said. He had his War Paint and gear on already.

“Hey."

Jinxx’s Point of View:

Damn! I was just about to kiss her and CC just HAD to walk in. I was a little mad as I started on my own War Paint.

“Jinxx, you did this?” CC asked, according to Ashley’s War Paint.

“Yeah, why?” I said, plainly.

“It looks good.”

“Ash!” I heard Andy call.

“Oh, I got to go. Thanks again, Jinxx.” I smiled, and waved at her as she left.

“You like her.” CC stated. I knew I did, but I couldn’t risk Andy finding out.

“No, I don’t.” I said, continuing my makeup.

“Dude, I’ve known you for how long now? You’re like my brother. When you like a girl, I can tell. Do you think we don’t see the way you look at her? You get excited when she texts you, you play better than usual when she’s watching, and you take extra time to look good when you know you’re going to see her. You don’t just like her. You’re in love.”