Dining

Loki changed into a more suitable outfit for a feast while Sif tore through her bags to find another set of clothes that would be appropriate for a private dinner with Loki's mother.  It was even more intimidating because she was the Queen of Asgard, she had to be on her best behavior.

"You can put your clothes in a dresser you know, you don't have to hide them away in bags."  Loki chuckled, walking up behind her with a smile.  "You do kind of live here now."

The realization hit her as the words left his mouth.  This was her home now, it's not like she could go back to the ashes and pretend to live there.  She found herself rubbing the remaining nub of the small bear statue in her pocket nervously.  She lived with Loki.

The Prince sat beside her, again pulling her into his lap with a sympathetic grin.  "It'll work out.  It's okay."

"I know."  She answered glumly, still feeling a bit sad at the memories from her old home.  "It's just a big difference is all."

He noticed her playing with the small chunk of carved wood in her pocket with a small smile and pulled her hand from her pocket, along with the bear.  "Can I see this for a moment?"  He asked, looking into her big brown eyes.

She was hesistant, but curious all the same.  She put it in the center of his palm wondering what he could want to do with a piece of garbage like that.

Loki gently took her off his lap and stood, walking to the other side of the room and turning his back to her.  She peered at him from over her shoulder, intrigued.

There was a little flash of light, causing Sif to jump a little but she stayed in her spot, watching as he reached for something on his bookshelf and attaching it to the piece of wood.

With a broad grin, he turned around to face Sif only to reveal the piece hanging on a leather string.  He had made it into a necklace for her.  "Now you don't have to hide it away in your pocket."  He said, placing it back in her hand.  She threw it over her head and immediately wrapped Loki in a tight hug.  As troublesome as he was, he was full of sweet surprises.

"Thank you so much, Loki."  She whispered against his neck, her arms still wrapped around him.

"No need."  He replied, pulling her just far away enough so he could look into her eyes.  "I hope you like it."

"I love it!"  She answered, ceasing his worries.  He thought she might have been mad that he had put a small hole in it for the string.

"I'm glad."  He said, planting a small kiss on her cheek causing her to blush lightly.  "You do need to get ready though, we will be leaving soon."  He reminded, looking to his right at a clock.  "Very soon."

She was a bit flustered as she dug through her clothes, desperately looking for an outfit that would fit the occasion.  Loki ended up helping, pulling out a lovely sleeved dress with a sweetheart neckline.  It was red and gold, with a lot of lacey details on the sleeves.  She nodded thanks, grabbing it and dashing to the bathroom to change and do her hair.

Loki, who had been ready for awhile now sat on his bed waiting for Sif.  She despised dresses, but on special occasions it was a must.  He couldn't imagine why she hated them so much, she looked beautiful in them, and just as elegant.  He knew she felt vulnerable in them, because she wouldn't be able to fight as good in a dress as she would in her armor.  Loki knew she never felt fully safe, but that's what happens when you are always the first one thrusted into battle against hundreds of enemies that want nothing more than to kill you.  He couldn't really blame her and knew a bit of the feeling himself.

He heard the click of the bathroom and flicked his eyes up, greeted by the sight of Sif in the gown.  He could see her frown, but wasn't paying much attention to that as much as the rest of her.  Her hair was pulled to the side in a loose braid that stopped just above the bottom of her ribs that was now covered by a corset like top.  He caught himself before his mouth was able to hang open, looking at Sif with pride.  "You look stunning, Lady Sif!"  He exclaimed, getting up and taking her hand.