Ice Cream, You Scream

The two retrieved what they could save from the rubble.  Sif had been mostly silent, the carving tucked deep in her pant's pocket as she mournfully looked at the remains of her home.  Loki decided it would be a good distraction to take her out to lunch after they got cleaned up, and Sif jumped at the idea wanting nothing more than to get away from her nightmare come true.

Hand in hand, the two made it back to Loki's bedroom where they changed into soot-less clothes and combed through their hair.

Sif slipped into a new outfit in the privacy of his bathroom, but Loki having no shame changed in the middle of his room, taking his time.  Sif exited the bathroom just as he slipped a shirt on, abs still exposed.

It clearly took her by surprise, as it had done to many before.  Nobody expected him to have a very tone body as he was the tall and lanky one compared to Thor.  And as Thor flaunted around Asgard shirtless very often, Loki had more pride than that and usually left his nudity to when he had a woman/women over.

She shifted her eyes to the other side of the room, pretending not to notice.  But, as said before, Loki could recognize even the smallest shift in moods which made him one of the most feared to have a conversation with.  Your lies would never slip past him.

"My apologies."  He said with a smirk as he straightened his shirt out, slipping on his jacket.  She just nodded, stepping beside him.

"Where are you bringing me?"  She asked, changing the subject and running a hand through her long hair.

"That, Lady Sif, is a surprise for me to know and you to find out."  He answered, opening the door for her.  She looked exhausted, but had a hint of hope glimmering in her eyes.  The fire hadn't fully died, just became smaller.

She rolled her eyes, stepping under his arm as she left the room, Loki quickly following behind her.  He wanted so bad to hold her waist as they walked, but knew it would only put him a step farther back in the game.  "You should also know that I had something planned this evening, but you are welcome to accompany me."  His voice was cool, his expression revealing nothing.  Loki kept a smirk on his face as they passed his fellow Asgardians, knowing that they assumed he and Sif were together.  Sif was in too much of a fog to even notice, which in a way was a good thing.

"And what exactly is this plan?"  She asked, lifting a brow.  He could hear the curiosity dripping in her words.

"Just a simple festivity is all, you will find yourself enjoying it I'm sure."  His answer caused her to run scenarios through her mind, quickly overwhelming her.

"Are you referring to a dinner party?"  She looked quite suspicious.

"Oh, this is much better than a petty dinner party."  A mischievous glimmer shined in his eyes as he walked, his head held high.  He looked for her reaction which was a look of confusion.  As an Asgardian who hasn't traveled to Midgard unless on duty, she had never known much different.  Sure, there had been some crazy parties Fandral had thrown that she attended but it was nothing compared to the parties thrown by those on Earth.  "It might put your mind at ease for awhile."

She nodded, but he could tell it wasn't an acceptance to his offer yet.  "Perhaps."  Sif said shortly, not looking at him.  He decided to toss the question until later.

They arrived at the small restaurant shortly after, their stomachs growling.  Loki yet again opened the door for her, letting her walk in first.  It was a small place, usually where the warriors would come to gossip and drink beers, Sif enjoyed the simplicity of it and he knew that.

A waitress led the two to a booth by the window, handing them a menu and pulling out a small notebook.  She looked shocked to see the Prince of Asgard dining at her bar but said nothing about it.  "May I offer you two a drink?"