When You Dance

They were both sitting at the bar by this point ordering drinks, Loki figured that would be the only way to start off the night.  Hopefully some alcohol would calm her nerves a little bit as she was tapping her foot against the stool and biting her lip.

The bartender slid the drinks over to them, stopping right in front of them.  He must have been in the job for awhile considering his accuracy and speed was well over proficient.  But to work here, you had to be.

Loki had simply ordered himself a Jack Daniel's on the Rocks, one of his usuals.  Sif went for a Strawberry Daiquiri, her favorite food group was fruit so it came as no surprise to him.

Thankfully enough, this wasn't your average club.  You wouldn't find the modern radio music that Loki so despised.  He had brought Sif to a heavy metal club, his favorite one in the area.  Regularly, fights would break out and be lead outside where people could watch.  Rarely were the cops called so it was a wonderful spot to let off steam and not get into trouble for the mortals.  Loki found it amusing, he enjoyed watching them attack each other like dogs over for the pettiest of reasons.

To her companion's delight, Sif found herself nodding her head to the beat, she adored metal and found it helped her during her workouts.  Not many Asgardians knew this about her, it was one of the many unknown things the two had in common.

"You enjoy this music?"  Loki asked loudly over the sound, Sif nodding with a small smile.

"It's just my favorite."  She laughed, taking another sip from her drink.

He glanced over to the group of people dancing raising a brow to Sif.  "May I ask you to accompany me in a dance, then?"  His smirk was mischievous, but it was the green eyes that really got to her.  She couldn't tell if it was her drink that had caused her to feel so carefree or if it was the fact that he had just pulled her to the dance floor by her waist.

"Loki, I can't dance."  She whined, but allowing herself to be pulled away.  She couldn't hide her smile.

"Of course you can dance."  He said with a grin, getting to the middle of all the dancers with her.

"No, I really can't!"  She laughed, shaking her head.  Loki took it as a challenge, one he was all too willing to accept.

"Allow me to prove it to yourself that you can, in fact, dance."  He gently took hold of her hips, swaying them to the music causing her to blush a fierce red.  With a little encouragement from Loki, the feeling in the atmosphere and the great taste of music from the live band, she finally let herself relax.

She was dancing, and not just dancing, but dancing with Loki.  The feeling in the room was truly contagious, and nobody sat down anymore.  Everyone was on their feet and moving to the beat without a worry in the world.

Loki found himself in awe at the way she could move, the fierce yet graceful way.  She danced the way she lived, with a passion.

"I thought you said you couldn't dance!"  Loki yelled over the music from beside her, amused.

"I can't, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I will not!"

The crowd suddenly erupted into cheers as a song started, clearly a favorite here.  The two looked confused for a moment but then hopped in on the joy as they recognized the song.  Everyone danced even crazier than before, and when the chorus came on, they all burst into song, the two Asgardians joining in.

"We're going off tonight to kick out every light!  Take anything we want drink everything in sight!  We're going 'till the world stops turning while we burn it to the ground tonight!  Ohhhhhhh!"

Everyone was laughing, drinks spilling everywhere.  The rooms smelled strongly of booze and perfume/cologne which would usually turn your stomach but since everyone participated in it, nobody had a problem.

"Ticking like a time bomb, drinking 'till the nights gone!  Well get your hands off of this glass, last call my ass!  Well no chain, no lock, and this train won't stop!  We got no fear, no doubt, all in balls out!"

Two more times they all sang the chorus, Sif laughing at a drunk man who was playing air guitar on top of a table.  Someone had bought everyone a round of vodka which everyone gladly accepted and downed it fast.

Coming as no surprise, a fist fight broke out.  It seemed to not even come from aggression more than wanting the thrill of a fight.  Loki eagerly pulled Sif aside and away from the brawl, they leaned against the wall with lifted eyebrows and making commentary on their bad moves.

"Ouch, that one had to have caused quite the injury."  Loki said, wincing.

"He shouldn't be such a quim about it, he could have deflected that blow easily."

"Don't be so harsh, Lady Sif.  They are only mortals, not warriors."  She answered him with a shrug as a bottle smashed to the right of her, splattering beer onto the wall with a crash.

In the midst of their entertainment, someone snuck up behind Loki and cracked a beer bottle against his head with a shatter that seemed to echo.  The God turned around, glaring at the man but before Loki could react, Sif slammed her fist across the attacker's jaw, sending him falling to the ground from her one punch with a yelp.  He held his mouth, spitting out a few teeth with a horrified expression.

Sif might have been small, but she was stronger than most men that even lived in Asgard.  Having caught everyone's attention, her eyes widened but she smirked at the crowd.  Someone broke the silence with a low whistle, the rest of the people beginning to cheer.  They were clearly impressed considering she looked like your average woman in her disguise and women were generally only seen in cat fights.

"My sincerest apologies, dear friend."  She said sarcastically, helping the man up.  "But I don't appreciate you hitting my companion here with a glass bottle."  He took a shaky step up, nodding eagerly as he caressed his face.  "You may want to plan a visitation to a healer for those teeth of yours."  She says with a chuckle, pointing to the few that lay on the ground.

Loki couldn't help but burst with a hint of pride that she had fit right in, he had been afraid she would be uncomfortable the whole time.  

Many people had come up to her to pat her on the back, and he could sense that she was a little uncomfortable at their touch, she wasn't even a fan of hugs with her friends so if a stranger even touched her she tensed up.  He stood beside her to make sure none of the men stepped out of line, he wouldn't want to ruin the night.

Afterall, he had made a bet.

_______________________________________________________________________

Okay!  So now we are in the middle/end of the party- so far so good!  Let me know of your thoughts!  Will Loki get the kiss he has dreamed for or shall he be deprived of Sif's company forever and left to find a new companion?

Who knows!  Lol

Have a lovely day, Asgardians!

(Oh!  And the song was Burn It To The Ground by Nickelback!)