Away From You

**Logan's perspective**

My gun was in my hand, but the smoke had made me temporarily blind. I consistently bumped into trees, unable to prevent myself from doing so. I held onto a tree for a moment until a walker grabbed me. I forced it's arm away and shot blindly at it; most likely dead because it was no longer moving. I was no longer blinded, but my eyes were burning so bad that I couldn't help myself but to close my eyes. I tried to climb a tree, but I fell down onto my back. I must have landed on a rock because my back hurt badly; an intense pain caused me to jump up. I felt my back and knew instantly that I was bleeding. After trying to wipe the tears from my eyes, I hit another tree and fell into a puddle. Part of me wanted to stay like this despite the walkers and the chance of drowning, the other wanted me to get up. I pushed off the ground, almost fell, and grabbed something for support; a walker. I put my gun into it's mouth and felt it's blood fall onto me like a shower. I pushed it's lifeless body away and continued to push on. It was not just the town that was doomed, but the entire forest; I had to keep moving or I'll be doomed with them. Each step I took, I was dragging my feet and wiping away the tears that continuously dripped from the tip of my nose. On the bright side, it was no longer raining and I finally had some real weapons, despite the fact that I was still wet from the puddle and walker blood. The dirt under my nails irritated me.

"You?" A voice said.

I wiped away the final tear that prevented me from seeing clearly and looked around. There was not a single living thing around.

"Hello?" I said.

"Up here," The voice chuckled.

I would recognise that voice anywhere... Daryl Dixon.

"Long time no see, eh?" I laughed.

Daryl nodded in agreement, "Where've ye' been?"

"The prison is gone. I don't know where anybody is," I said.

"Lucky for you, I know a safer place than the prison," Daryl jumped down from the tree.

"You do? Where?" I asked.

"The ocean. I got myself a girl and Carol down at the docks," He replied.

"Can I go?" I wondered.

Daryl nodded and pointed in the direction of the docks.

"I'll meet up with ye'," Daryl told me.

Daryl started walking towards the smoke and before I knew it, he was gone. I made my way down to the docks. The docks themselves didn't seem safe at all, but the boats looked secure. There was a huge boat that looked somewhat similar to a house. There was a platform for an entrance, the inside had red carpet and dark blue walls. There was also an upstairs, similar to the downstairs, but with beds. There was also a walkway, capable of being reached only from the upstairs.

"Like it?" A woman with a southern accent asked me.

"Uh... Yeah!" I said.

The woman laughed and put a hand on the side of the house-boat.

"I'm guessing Daryl sent you, right? Of course. This will be our home on the water," She said.

"Where is Carol?" I asked her.

"Just upstairs, already sleeping. I'm just getting our gas on board," She replied.

"We have gas?" I asked her.

"Heck, ya! We've got tons!" She exclaimed. "I'm Dorthe."

"Logan."

I shook her hand and she showed me the several containers of gas.

"Never thought I'd see so much gas since this all started," I said.

"Since what started?" Dorthe asked.

I froze for a moment and frowned. But then Daryl came out from behind me and smiled.

"Ready to go?" He said.

"Yup!" Dorthe replied happily.

She skipped into the boat-house and closed the door behind her.

"She has no idea about the walkers. Let's try to keep it that way," Daryl stated.

We entered the boat and made ourselves comfy while Dorthe started the boat up. The engine shook the boat and we slowly began moving. I rested my feet atop a pillow and lay my head gently on the couch.

"Too bad I didn't find this before the apocalypse," I laughed.

"It would have costed money," Daryl pointed out.

"True," I muttered loud enough for him to heard.

It was then that I realised how awful I must look; blood smeared all over my body, dirt on my face and under my nails, clothes soaked...

"Where's the shower?"

***********************************************

Olivia would have loved it on this boat... I wished so badly that she would appear before Daryl, Dorthe, and I departed for the open waters. Every night, before I would fall asleep, I would think about Olivia. I knew she was alive and refused to think otherwise. I stepped out onto the walkway and felt the brisk, night air blow intensely in my face. I felt my hair lift off my forehead once it did. I looked out towards the luminous moon and felt the refreshing splash of the cool ocean water.

"Good night, Olivia," I whispered while the sight of the docks slowly disappeared from sight.