You again

I spent what felt like months, running. I avoided as many walkers as possible. I had no gun, no friends, no food or water, no clean clothes... Surviving was never this hard. I have yet to come across Leo or Mieke or Rick. I had to admit that I was losing hope that they were alive. I spent every day running and fighting and every night in a tree, hardly able to shut my eyes. Honesty will be the death of me.

"Maybe it's best to lie now," I say to myself.

The sun blinded me for a moment and I jumped out of the tree. My legs hurt for a quick second and I continued to walk. The air was warm and damp. All I knew was that I was in some sort of forest. I'm darn right sick of trees now. I looked to my left and, past the tree-trunks, was the ocean.

"Finally! Something other than trees!" I exclaimed.

I ran onto the sandy beach and a cool breeze swept across my filthy neck. My greasy hair lifted as I faced the direction of which the wind was coming. On the top of a sort of cliff by the beach, I saw a single RV and a few tents. I could help myself but to approach. I climbed up the side of the cliff. By the time I reached the top, I collapsed onto the ground, falling unconscious. I just hoped that the camp wasn't full of walkers.

***********************************************

I woke in the RV I had seen on the cliff. A woman sat on a stool by my side.

"H-hello," I said.

"Hi. Are you feeling okay?" The woman asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied.

"I have checked for bites and scratches. You seem alright," She stated.

"Can I join you?" I asked.

"Only if you can pull your own weight around here. Were barley surviving off of the same old salted crackers and juice boxes," She stated.

"Dont worry, I can. What's your name?" I asked.

"Hilary. You?" She replied.

I considered the fact that she could be lying, also that I will not be here for too long anyways.

"Joey," I lied.

"Nice to meet you. You can sleep in the RV tonight. I'll just sleep in my car," Hilary said.

"Thank you," I concluded.

Hilary left with a hop in her step and a smile on her face. I saw that she had left some clean clothes and some of that lake-friendly shampoo for me so I took them and walked down to the beach. I stripped into my underwear and stared at the water. I put in my big toe first and instantly drew it back from the cold water. I sighed to myself and forced myself in. After I made sure I was clean I dried myself with a towel and put on the clean clothes. Once I reached the top of the cliff a short girl with short dark hair and purple-framed glasses ran towards me.

"Hello, Joey! It's nice to meet you! I'm happy to have another kid in the group that's around my age... Speaking of which, how old are you?" The girl said.

"Thirteen," I replied.

"Oh, okay! I'm twelve. It's only a year apart so... Yeah," The girl stated with a smile on her face.

"Arent there any other kids in this group?" I asked.

"Yeah, just some other boy who is your age, but he's boring. I'm Olivia by the way!" The girl introduced herself.

"Lo-Joey. My name is Joey," I said.

"Nice to meet you," Olivia said, extending her hand out towards me.