Walkers in the camp

So I build my skin and I count my sins and I close my eyes and I take it in. And I'm bleeding out, I'm bleeding out for you. - Imagine Dragons "Bleeding Out" lyrics.

I tried to sever ties and I ended up with wounds to bind. It's like your pouring salt in my cuts... Baby, I just ran out of band-aids. I dont even know where to start. Cause you can bandage the damage. You never really can fix a heart. - Demi Lovato "Fix A Heart" lyrics

--------------------------------------

I got to know the rest of the group. There was Frank, Stew's younger brother. Wren, who mostly just sat around. Jeff who is married to a woman named Joy and has a daughter named Bree. Although it was a small group, we managed to keep it going. Most of the time, Olivia and I ran around down by the beach. The sun shined through the RV's window and directly into my eyes, forcing me to wake up. I moaned and hopped out of bed. I was glad to be rid of the corpse on the floor of the RV. I collapsed into a chair by a fire beside Olivia.

"I'm so tired," I groan.

Olivia laughed. It brightened my day, but it was not enough to brighten my life.

"Well your in a positive attitude this morning," Jeff pointed out.

"I've no idea why, 'cause I'm so bored!" Olivia giggled.

I laughed a bit and took a bite out of a piece of bacon. I never thought I'd see bacon again. Olivia and I spent the day sorting out the various types medicines.

"Pain killers go here, cough drops go in the drawer above it," I told Olivia. "Always remember to label them!"

"Okay, okay!" Olivia said, indicating that she didn't like being told what to do.

I realised I never really matured over time. I'm still the same boy I was five years ago when I thought we were done with The Governor.

"Where do the band-aids go, again?" Olivia asked.

"Very top drawer along with the Polysporin," I reminded her.

Olivia continued to put the meds in the different drawers while I was observing my pistol. It was completely loaded, but then what? I had forgotten how to shoot. Olivia paused and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing, it's just... I forgot how to use it," I replied.

"Maybe Jeff can show you later. But for now, let's focus on the medicine okay?" Olivia said.

I nodded and set the pistol aside.

"What's next?" I asked.

***********************************************

The moon was up and the sun was hidden behind the hills. I laughed at the thought of walkers chasing the sun.

"What're you laughin' 'bout?" Frank asked, clearly not in a good mood.

"Oh, nothing," I mumbled.

My smile quickly faded away.

"Joy, will you go grab me a beer from the cooler?" Jeff asked his wife.

"Sure, honey," Joy replied.

I never really had a long talk with Joy. She loved to help people. She loved Jeff with all her heart, and Jeff loved her too.

"So, Jeff, I was wondering if you could show me how to use my pistol tomorrow," I said.

"Of course, I'd be happy too," Jeff replied with enthusiasm.

"Can't we go a single night without yappin' every minute?" Frank asked.

"Oh, shut up, Frank. You just don't understand happiness," Wren said.

"Hey, don't talk like that to my brother!" Stew shouted.

"Daddy, why are they fighting?" Bree wondered.

"Oh, it's just play-fighting. You know, just pretend. Go inside the RV and get ready for bed, okay?" Jeff said.

"Okay, daddy," Bree replied.

Bree skipped her way to the RV and closed the door behind her.

"Joy, where is my beer?" Jeff demanded.

I was guessing that Jeff was mean when he was drunk since he was nice since I got here.

"Joy?" Jeff said, beginning to wonder where she was.

I pushed myself out of my chair and walked towards the cooler. I did not see her anywhere. But then I heard a weird noise. I looked over the cooler, and on the other side was Joy, torn apart and being eaten by a walker. It lifted it's head, revealing Joy's half-eaten face.

"No!" I yelled.

I jumped over the cooler and on top of the walker. I took out my pistol and did not know what to do with it. During that time, the walker grabbed my arm and bit into me.

"Ah!" I screamed in pain.

It was that moment that I remembered how to use the pistol. I shot it in the head and fell backwards onto the grass.

"Somebody... Help me..." I gasped for air.

But it was then that I heard screaming. There were more. Joy grabbed my feet and prepared to bite me. I shot her in the head before she could do anything.

"Oh, god!" Olivia's jaw dropped.

Olivia took me by my arm and led me down the cliff. At the bottom was a door that I'd never noticed before.

"Come on!" Olivia shouted.

With the last of my energy, I fell into the room.

"Joey... Your going to be okay... Everything is going to be alright..." Olivia told me.

My eyes closed very slowly. Finally, I was in complete darkness.

--------------------------------------

I know, this chapter kinda sucks, but at least I updated it :)

Comment me your thoughts!