Treehouse

**Olivia's perspective**

Rain was pouring down on us. Jordan had complained several times about the weather already. I thought that my purple hair clip might fall out because of my wet hair, so I put it in my pocket. My plaid shirt stuck to me because of the rain; and it also caused my White jeans to look dark.

"Where are we going?" Ethan asked Rick.

"Does he have an off switch?" Carl asked Jordan.

She shook her head and giggled. Ethan rolled his eyes and continued to follow my footsteps.

"Why is it that Rick is the only one in this group who was a gun?" Ethan whispered to me.

"I don't-"

A walker came at me and grabbed my arm, griping tightly. Just as it prepared to tear me open, Rick's gun shot the bullet that killed it. Ethan let out his hand, offering to help me up. I took his hand and he pulled me back up to my feet.

"I guess thats why," I replied to Ethan.

I had forgotten about the storm; a sudden flash of lightning made me jump. My body tensed, which caught the attention of Jordan.

"Hey, Olivia. What's wrong?"

"I just... Don't like lightning," I stated.

"Wow, that's weird," Jordan giggled. "I like lightning more than thunder. Thunder gives me the he the creeps."

The way Jordan worded that made me give a small laugh.

"But don't worry. The lightning wont hurt us," Jordan reassured me.

I looked up at the sky and saw a bolt of lightning spread.

"You know what? It's actually kinda cool to look at," I said.

"Exactly."

"And here we are," Rick announced.

I looked ahead and saw a treehouse. It was high up in a tree, visibly capable of housing about eight people. Luckily, there were seven.

"I call the window bed!" Natasha exclaimed.

"No way! That's already my bed!" Carl shouted.

"First one to it, gets it!" Ethan said.

The three of them sprinted to the ladder; I joined them. I was first to the ladder; but once I actually gotten inside, Ethan grabbed my leg and I fell onto the floor. I pushed myself up and tackled him into the wall, finally able to get to the bed next to the window. I jumped onto it, which hurt because it was just a hay pile with a blanket, and looked out. My soaked hair hung out the window while I watched the rain fall. I was given the view of a mountain that appeared to be not too far away. I mentally noted that tomorrow I would go there to check it out.

"Ladies first. Carl, pick another bed," Rick said.

Carl groaned and sat atop a hay pile. Jordan slept in the bed to the left of me, while Natasha slept on my right. Ethan was in between Carl, who was beside Natasha, and Rick. I felt bad for him because we were the only two who didn't know Rick or Carl. Katlynn slept beside Jordan. The last empty bed was beside Rick. I turned to Natasha and smiled.

"You jealous?"

"What? No! I didn't want it that badly anyway," Natasha said.

I raised one eyebrow, indicating that I doubted her statement. Natasha turned away and fell asleep. I did the same.

***********************************************

When I woke, I knew it either late at night or early in the morning because it was dark. The sound of rain hitting the roof was too loud for falling asleep again. I returned to my window and looked around... For a moment, I actually thought I had seen a red glow on the mountain.

"I'm losing my mind," I muttered.

"Huh?"

Jordan was watching me.

"Just talking to myself... What are you doing awake?" I asked her.

"I couldn't fall back asleep once my eyes opened," Jordan stated.

I shrugged and looked back out the window. My heart skipped a beat when I saw something standing just outside. I rubbed my eyes, wondering if it was an illusion, and looked... Nothing.

"Yup. I'm insane," I confirmed.

I leaned gently against the treehouse's wall beside the window.

"Oh god!" I exclaimed to myself.

I peer back out, and the lightning strikes again, and the light reveals a woman, alone, in a drenched, bright yellow dress. Fiona.

I hide myself and urgently tap on Jordan's shoulder. She turned her head, causing her ponytail to hit her own face and laughed.

"What?" She asked as she calmed herself down.

"I just saw Fiona! She was just standing outside!" I whispered urgently to her.

"I think you were just seeing things," Jordan said, trying to fall back asleep.

I looked one more time outside and saw nothing. I sighed and forced myself to believe that she wasn't really there. I put my hand on the necklace that my mom had given me before she tragically died in a car crash and closed my eyes.