Revenge

The bag made it so I could hardly breathe. I saw nothing. I only heard the grunting noises coming from The Governor as he dragged us. I was hard to tell wether or not Leo and Missy were alive. I heard no sign of their presence since we were taken. I felt my hands being tied together now.

"Just so you don't try anything," He mumbled.

"I thought you said you changed," I said from under the bag.

"I am," He replied.

So then I could only wait.

***********************************************

Hunger and thirst took over my thoughts now. I couldn't do anything to solve either the hunger or thirst. I could only wait. But then I began to hear voices...

"We stay here, we die."

It was The Governor.

"These children... They are our enemies," The Governor said loudly. "There is an entire group of people like them in a prison, and if we want it, we can take it."

"You want us to murder?" A man asked.

"In case you hadn't noticed, if we want to survive, we got to fight for it. You can not live in this world without shedding blood," The Governor stated.

"Then what do we do with the kids?" A woman asked him.

"Keep them as hostages," The Governor replied.

So was this his plan? To take the prison? Use Leo, Missy, and I as hostages? Although I could not see how many followers The Governor had, I had a bad feeling about this. Numbers do not win wars, but they'd help. The prison will need everyone they can get.

***********************************************

I sat in an RV with Leo and Missy. The Governor came in with a gun in hand, but he did not point it at anybody. He gave us food and water, that I quickly eaten and drank.

"I'm going to take your prison. Then I'm going to kill Rick, then the rest of your people," The Governor said.

"I'm gonna kill you," I muttered.

"Oh, you won't do that," He responded.

"Your changed, just like Rick," Leo said, obviously trying to see if The Governor will join the prison group.

"So? Many people change, but that's not always a good thing."

"Join the prison group. With the combined resources, the prison will be invincible," Leo stated.

"Rick and I will never get along and we can never live under the same roof. I do not care wether or not he has changed, I really don't," The Governor said.

"You can live in different cell blocks, if that's how you want it. Then you never have to see me or Rick," I suggested.

"You know it would work," Missy said.

The Governor wildly shook his head and left the RV. From outside I heard, "Prepare for war!"

I looked at Leo and Missy with worry in my eyes. I almost jumped when the door to the RV was pushed open. A girl came in and unbound my hands, then started with Leo's.

"Quickly... Tell your group to get out of the prison!" She ordered.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Mieke," She replied.

Before she could free Leo, a woman stepped into the RV.

"Get away from them!" She demanded.

The woman pushed Mieke and I out of the RV without knowing I was one of the prisoners. Mieke grabbed my arm and we ran into the nearby forest. The prison was just up ahead.