Town

**Logan's perspective**

When the heat of the sun touched my face through the windows, I was wakened. It appeared that Mieke was awake too, in the corner of the room, brushing her hair with her nails. Olivia, Bree, and Leo were still asleep.

"Why didn't you tell her your real name to begin with?" Mieke asked me.

"I wasn't sure if I could trust them," I replied.

"What happened to your arm?" Mieke asked, sounding somewhat surprised.

"I... I was bit," I told her.

I saw Mieke put one hand on her pistol and stared at me.

"How long ago?" Mieke asked.

"The day before yesterday. It was night time," I stated.

"How do you feel? Sick at all?"

"No. I feel fine. I think I might be immune," I said.

"What makes you think that?" Mieke asked.

"I was near it ever since I started. In fact, I started it. I've been covered in walker-blood before and nothing ever affected me," I admitted.

"Y-you started this?" Mieke stuttered.

"Yes. Elise was with me since the start," I said.

I don't think Mieke ever met Elise. She was probably wondering who she was, but she must have assumed that Elise died because she didn't say anything.

"I don't know what to do anymore... Without Elise, it feels as if I shouldn't be here. It feels like I should be dead already. In case your wondering, Elise was the girl I loved most, and she died at The Governor's command," I told Mieke.

"Don't think like that!" Mieke hissed.

Im a liar and a killer. No matter what she said, there was no stopping this. I felt lonely, useless, defenceless... Is there a cure for this? Not the walkers, but for these feelings? If so, I've never heard of it.

"Let's drop the subject," I said, wiping tears out of my eyes.

Olivia and Bree and Leo had just waken up.

"Where are we going to go now? There is no way this place is safe," Leo asked.

"We should just keep going," I said as I opened the door.

Just as I opened the door, an entire horde of walkers stared at me. I saw that some of them had blood leaking from their eyes... The sickness.

"Come on!" I yelled.

We all ran around the corner. As we ran through the forest, random walkers joined the horde behind us. The slower walkers were left behind. I saw a building just ahead.

"We don't have time to go inside, just keep running!" I told them.

There was a single walker that came out of nowhere. I grabbed Leo with both arms and took him down.

"Help!" Leo cried.

Olivia stood in place. We all did. Surprisingly, Bree took Olivia's knife out of her hand and put the blade into the walker's face. Bree helped Leo up and we continued running. The walkers were not far behind now.

"Get inside!" Olivia shouted

There was a building just in front of us. Olivia held the door open. I rushed inside with Leo, Bree, and Mieke behind me. Olivia slammed the door behind us and locked it. The walkers began pounding at the door.

"Oh god," Mieke muttered.

There was a walker that was hung off the beam above us. The rope caused blood to pour out of its neck. My stomach churned at the mere sight of the hung walker. Since the walkers came, I've seen some pretty bad stuff... But this? This is sickening. Suddenly, the walker's head fell off of it's body and the body fell. The walker's mouth snapped at us violently as we passed it. We climbed a ladder and found ourselves on the roof of the building. Below us was the horde of walkers.

"What the hell do we do now?" Leo demanded of me.

"Watch your language!" Olivia hissed as she held Bree tightly in her arms.

"Mieke, get the rope from downstairs," I ordered.

I watched Mieke go down the ladder and later come back with the bloody rope. I tied it around my stomach and handed the other end to Leo.

"I'm going to kill them all. But you need to keep me up, okay?" I said.

"Alright," Leo nodded.

Leo, Olivia, and Mieke held the other end of the rope and I climbed down the building. Their arms reached up at me as I held Leo's katana in my hand.

"Wait... When did he-" I heard Leo ask.

I began to slash angrily at the horde with the katana. But the more I slashed, the lower I went. One walker grabbed my leg and tried to pull me down. The katana could not get the arm.

"Pull me up! Pull me up!" I shouted out of fear.

I started to get higher. The walker's arm fell off and I lifted higher. There were only three walkers left down there, and one of them only has one arm.

"Come on!" I said.

We went back downstairs and opened the door. The three walkers fell inside and pushed themselves back up. Leo and I finished them off and sighed with relief. As I gasped for air, I put an arm on Olivia for support.

"I'm glad that's over with," I said.

***********************************************

We cleared out the town and made refuge in the store since we didn't have time to move the food in another building. Olivia just sat at the entrance while everybody else was asleep. I sat beside her and looked at her. I saw that tears were swelling up in her eyes.

"Why did you do that?" Olivia asked me.

"We would have died if I hadn't," I reminded her.

"But you could have died!" Olivia cried.

"But I didn't," I said.

Olivia looked away from me for a moment then looked back at me with her shiny green eyes.

"I love you," Olivia told me.