On The Mountain

**Logan's perspective**

I guess I hadnt really been around Judith, or really even taken a good look at her. She wasn't "baby Judith" anymore. I didn't really noticed how much she had grown because she didn't speak much. Apparently, Beth had been giving her lessons but she was still a little bad at it. I never really liked Judith. Mostly because every time I look at her, I see Lori's eyes. It was too much. I was still stuck in the hole in the ground, which was mostly the reason why I was thinking about it.

"We'll get you out soon!" Leo shouted to me.

Rain was beginning to flood my underground, concrete box. I was up to my knees in water and the body of the walker was floating. It was dark, due to the grey clouds floating above. The rope was nowhere to be found.

"Hurry!" I cried.

Mieke was lowered into my box, hands first. Someone must have been holding onto her legs, because she was in an odd position and should've fallen by now. I grabbed her hands and I was lifted up out of the box.

"That was fucking awful!" Mieke cursed.

Mieke turned to Judith and Bree and apologised... That was unexpected.

"Let's get out of this rain," Beth said, taking the hands of the children.

Beth's wet ponytail was almost hitting the children as they walked. Just as a walker was about to bite into Beth as we walked, Leo pushed it down and his katana was pushed so hard into the walker's skull that it went half way into the ground. But another walker appeared. I plunged my knife deep within it's skull and threw away the body. Then a walker looked at us and roared. Mieke threw a rock at the walker and made it fall to the ground. She took her foot and crushed the walker's head very slowly, likely hoping that it would feel pain.

"Run!" Beth screamed.

More walkers came now. A walker tore the sweater off of my body and my plain, blue t-shirt shown itself. I jumped up and grabbed a branch then pushing a walker away with my feet and caught up with the group. We came to a sudden dead-end.

"There!" Bree pointed to a path leading up the mountain that stopped us from going anywhere.

We rushed ourselves up from the foot of the mountain; losing the walkers back down at the dead-end. Each step we took splashed water at us, which added more weight to me. I nearly slid back down the mountain but maintained a spot on a rock. Continuing to climb, we came to yet another dead-end.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Mieke said, clearly frustrated.

But there was a cave. Empty, of course, but it could be made into much more.

"We spend the night here," I said.

"What if the walkers come up here?" Beth asked me.

"They don't venture up mountains. We'll be fine," I reassured her.

"And the water? It forms a pool at the bottom!" Leo exclaimed.

"We'll be fine," I said.

The kids wrapped themselves in blankets and we all lie on the cold, hard ground.

"Good night, Bree," I said.

"Good night," She replied.

***********************************************

I woke with water lodged in my throat and my face being hit. Finally I spit up the water and realised that I was still in the cave. Water slashed in my face; hitting off the rocks. Mieke was shivering in a corner, cuddled against Bree, likely trying to keep her warm. Beth sat with Judith, hiding from the rain.

"This has got to be the worst storm ever!" Bree exclaimed.

"Where's Leo?" I asked them.

"He went out to guard us while we slept... Like were getting any sleep," Mieke said with sarcasm.

I got up from my pool and nearly slipped getting up, out of the cave.

"Leo! Get in here!" I shouted over the roar of thunder.

A red glow appeared; it was Leo. His red sweater could have been seen from a mile away in the lightnings light.

"I'm protecting the group!" He replied.

"Were taking turns!" I said.

Leo went to the cave and gave me his katana because we only had knives. The cave was nearly invisible without the light of the lightning. I held Leo's katana in my right hand and paced back and forth. The only sound that I heard was the thunder. But after a flash of lightning, a walker came out of nowhere and I was pushed off of the edge of the mountain. I slid down the rocky mountainside and bashed my head off of a rock. Unconscious, I continued to roll down the mountain.