Town and Other Surprises

~This is going to be a looong chapter ;)-lokikatie~

When I woke up, I found that Loki had wrapped both his cold arms around. This didn't bother me, what did was that I was on my side, facing him. My nose is an inch away from his. I want to get out of bed, I'm not the type to stay in bed all morning, but Loki is not going to move easy.

Suddenly his eyelids flutter open and he sees me staring at him. Loki smirks and says,"Enjoying the view?" I laugh, trying pull away from him, but he pulls me closer and kisses me. I feel a storm of butterflies in my stomach,  and my feet get a weird floating sensation that happens when I'm excited.

Loki sits up, the black silk falling off of his chest. He's shirtless, so I look away, not wanting to embarrass myself. I slide out of his bed, and before he can say anything, I've teleported into my room.

Don't wear something too warm, we're going out today, Loki thinks. Thanks for the warning, I think back. He just keeps me on my toes, I sigh, settling for a light, cream colored dress and ballet flats. I pull the clothes on, then brush my hair and slip on the birdcage necklace.

I teleport to Loki's room, seeing him standing bare-chested in front of his wardrobe.

I laugh, "Come on, Mister Fashion, pick an outfit!"

He laughs and pulls out a lot of clothing. Then, he dissappears into his bathroom. A few minutes, he reappears, wearing just a shirt, a jacket, black pants, and golden wrist and boot guards. I raise an eyebrow at the boot guards.

"Boot guards? Is that necessary?" I ask.

He nods with a grin,"I scuff my shoes and Frigga gets mad. I've gone through a multitude of boots, and they look fancy, anyway."

I laugh, and together we walk into the hall to the dining hall. Thor smiles at us, then proceeds to start a mad rush for food. Loki pulls on my hand.

"We don't have to eat breakfast here," he tells me. "We can go to the bakery." I nod, thinking that anything is better than this madness.

"The bakery is in town, and that's where we are headed, anyway," Loki says, leading me to a barn.

"Town? I thought the Anarchy got to that. And why do we need horses?" I say, confused.

"This is an illegal town, a while away, and I'm not going to let a lady walk there," he says, opening the barn door. Dozens of horses all turn their heads to see the newcomers. Loki walks up to a black horse with a shiny mane.

"Can I just have any?" I ask, staring in awe at the beautiful horses.

"I have a horse just for you," Loki says, leading me to a beautiful, bright white mare. "Katie, meet Ana." I stroke Ana's soft mane, smiling as the mare's breath tickles my fingers. Loki walks away to saddle his horse.

"Loki, I, um, don't know how to saddle a horse," I say, embarrassed. Loki nods and strides over to me. He quickly saddles the horse with skill and ease.

"I would have thought you could handle that," he smirks. We lead the horses out to the dirt road behind the barn. Loki's horse stalls, sounding spooked.

"Hush, Shasta, hush," Loki whispers to the black horse, calming it.

"Shasta, huh?" I say, mounting Ana.

"Oh, so you can mount a horse, but you can't saddle one?" Loki says, glaring.

"I never said I couldn't mount a horse," I say, giggling. We ride down the road, which becomes more and more coated with trees. Loki starts his horse at a gallop, and I follow after.