Truth can be Scary

~Back to Loki's POV,  ehehehe. Be ready for surprises!-lokikatie~

Everyone in the courtyard rushes to Katie and I. Some of the warriors rush to the archer who put this bloody arrow in her body. A nurse, Malga, lifts Katie's body and rushes her inside. I follow, in a daze. I kneel at the foot of the infirmary bed, watching as Malga skillfully heals the wound.

I don't notice when Thor comes in and kneels next to me. Hours pass, Malga finishes, and leaves Thor with a jar of cream. I have closed my eyes now, and tears roll down my face.

"Loki, you must come out of your daze," Thor says quietly. "Tell my why you cry."

I stand and sit on the bed next to Katie's. "Brother, when I am around this girl, I feel happy. She makes me smile, and I love that. We are the same, yet I learn more about her every day. What is this, Brother?" I ask.

Thor smiles. "That, my dear brother, is love."

I let that sink in, thinking of her smile.

"I understand how that would be different for you, Loki. One only meets their true love once," Thor says.

"I do not know if she feels the same way, or even how to tell her," I say, remembering our moment by the ocean.

"Loki, I know she loves you back. Just tell her, or give her a gift. You're not the only one who has been in love," Thor smiles, hands me the jar of salve, and walks away. I look at Katie's face, how the moon lights up her hair, and think, love. That is my feeling. I rub the salve onto Katie's back and then I lay back down on my bed, not bothering with my armor.

×*×*×*×*×*×*×

Katie's POV

I wake up, a new bandage around me, this time a little higher up. I feel it, and on the back it feels sticky, like someone rubbed lotion on my back.

"You have the worst luck," Loki says, making me jump. "Two blackouts in two days."

"I feel it, that's for sure. Do you know if I can walk? I'd like to freshen up," I say.

Loki smiles and hands me a little yellow jar. "Just put that on the wound, and you should be fine. Now, let's help you up." Wow, suddenly Loki is really positive. He helps me up and takes me to my room.

"I suppose you can figure out the rest from here," he says. I smile and walk into the bathroom.

I walk into the closet and choose a white dress with a dark blue flower at the waist and some white heels. This god sure knows how to pick a wardrobe,  I think as I set the clothes in front of the large mirror on the marble counter top.

I figure out the shower after a couple minutes and am welcomed by a lovely rain of warm water. I open a small bottle and smell it. Vanilla, my favorite. I pour it all over me, watching it foam up. I feel like a kid again, playing in the bubbles. Then I realize that I probably have something to go to today, so I rinse and get out.

I admire myself in the mirror, thinking now I really look like a princess. Then I laugh and walk out into the bedroom. I see a little golden box sitting on top of the large chest in the corner of the room. I walk over and pick it up.

Seeing the clasp, I open it and pull out a card. My heart beats faster. It reads: Princess, I think that you are the most beautiful lady I have ever met. You make me smile even when I am sorrowful, and I can't imagine ever being without you.
                       Love, Loki

My heart beats faster, and I feel butterflies in my stomach. I look back in the box and see a necklace with a tiny, silver birdcage with a little bird in it.

My head is spinning. Does he know about my feelings? I clasp the necklace around my neck and whirl around to sit on the plush, silky bed. I hold the birdcage in my hand. What if it's a lie? I am unsure of whether I should be happy or scared. I don't even know his age!

After a few seconds, I think, I'm going to have to come out anyways. I walk to the door, heart bursting, and slowly turn the handle, in case Loki is waiting for me. I hold my breath. He isn't,  and I sigh. I look at the room next to mine, the only other room in the hallway. I toy with the idea of opening it, but then Thor comes stomping towards me.

"My brother is in his room, yes," he says.

"Oh, thanks. Wait, Thor, how old is Loki?" I say, wiping my palms on my dress.

"I am supposing you mean in human years, so almost twenty two," Thor smiles. "He is younger than most think."

"Thanks," I say as Thor walks towards the dining hall. Twenty two. He's almost the same age as me. Well, that doesn't calm me at all. I gather my courage and open the door.

Loki's room is dark and covered in books, but not messy. His bed has black, shiny sheets, and the carpet is a dark green. I see Loki, staring at himself in a tall mirror. He turns to me and smiles. My head is spinning. He walks to me. I close my eyes.

"Princess, I am sorry," He whispers.

"Don't be," I say, relaxing. He wraps his cold arms around me, and puts his face in my hair. I relax more and I stop worrying. He didn't propose, I think. I let go of him, looking into his eyes.

"I can't leave you, you're like me," I say. He takes my hand in his, and we walk out the door.

×*×*×*×*×*×