Nightmares

~ehehehehe, enjoy because its gonna be different-lokikatie~

Loki and I walk out to the courtyard,  and I see alot of flouncy, bright dresses, tall heels, and caked-on makeup. I feel grateful for my reserved clothing. I see all the men wearing their best armor, no surprise there. Thor and Sif walk up to us, Sif, in a fluffy red dress, looking a little scared.

"Brother! Nice to see you out and about!" Thor booms. Sif just stares at me.

"Thor, I was out just this morning," Loki says, rolling his eyes.

"It's nice to see you too, Thor, Sif," I say, smiling. Sif pulls Thor away.

Frigga walks up to us. "Katie, you look beautiful! Loki, did you help?" she says, grinning. "Loki is known for his fashion sense," she tells me, making Loki blush.

"Thank you! And, yes, Loki furnished this outfit, shoes and all," I say, earning a glare from Loki.

"Well, I must hurry if I am to run this affair!" Frigga laughs and rushes off. Loki and I sit next to each other at the large table, piled high with food. Frieda sits next to me, coming from out of nowhere. She smiles at me, fixes my hair, then engages the man next to her on a lively conversation.

"I like your mother," I tell Loki. He smirks.

"I knew you would," he says, his silky voice giving me chills.

"Fashion? An unexpected hobby for the God of Mischief," I say, laughing.

"Well, I pride myself on being well dressed," he smiles, pulling me in for a kiss on the forehead.

Frigga stands by Odin at the head of the table, tapping a glass with her knife. "Welcome, everyone! We are grateful for your presence here and hope you enjoy the meal! Also, I would like to welcome Katie," she says, gesturing towards me. I smile. Some whispering starts, as people notice me sitting next to Loki.

"Katie is here with my son, Loki. They appreciate your hospitality," Frigga says, and Loki starts to blush.

Odin stands now, and Frigga sits. "Let the feast commence!" he says loudly. Now I know where Thor gets the voice.

Everyone begins to dig in, but I don't even know what fork to use. Loki sees my confusion and whispers,"The big one is for meat, the smaller for vegetables. The big spoon is for pudding, and the smaller is for soup."

I nod and serve myself salad, pudding, and what looks to be steak, keeping my portions reserved. Loki asks for a bowl, which I learn he is using to get extra pudding. I watch in awe as he devours pudding, meat, and small cakes. I grab a cake off his plate, smiling at him. He laughs and grabs more.

After all the food is gone, I thank Frigga for the meal and walk through the decorated hallways with Loki.

"You eat so much!" I say to him, giggling.

"And I hope you realize that the juice was wine!" he laughs back. I stop. I've never had alcohol before, and I never intended to.

Loki notices my sudden change and says,"Princess, have you not had wine before?"

"No, I never wanted too, either," I say, looking down.

"Princess, don't worry, there is no alcohol in the wine," he says. My worry disappears.

"Thank goodness," I say. I have nothing against alcohol, I just never wanted to be drunk, or addicted.

We reach my room. I say,"I haven't actually spent one night here conscious."

"Well, I trust you can figure out how to sleep. Good night,  Princess," he says, walking into his room. I walk into mine, flicking the switch on the wall, which illuminates a chandelier. I walk into the closet, wondering about what Asgardians wear to bed. Near the back of the closet, I find a silk dress and stretchy leggings which I know for sure are pajamas.

I slide them on, quickly rehanging the dress and placing the shoes on the floor. I find thin slippers and pull them onto my cold feet.

I walk over to the bed, melting into the soothing sheets. The pillows are soft on my head, and I barely stay awake to flick the light off with my mind. I drift into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

×*×*×*×*×*×

I wake up a few hours later to the sound of moans and mumbling. I reach out with my mind, trying to feel Loki's feelings. All I feel is fear.

I slip out of the bed and teleport into Loki's room. He is shirtless, gripping his black, silk sheets tightly. I see pain on his face. He must be having a nightmare. He frowns in his sleep, and I kneel next to him on the floor.

"Loki," I whisper, patting his arm. He doesn't move or wake up. I say his name louder, shaking him. He still doesn't wake, he looks worse. I hold my breath and slap him hard. I see a deep red welt appear on his face, and he sits up rapidly, breathing hard.

"Loki, what's wrong?" I whisper. He runs his hand through his black hair, pushing it out of his face.

"Nightmares. The Anarchy, they took you and... did horrible things," he says, looking troubled. "They did those things, and I could only watch."

"Shh, shh. I'm here, I'm safe," I whisper, gripping his cold hand. I get up to leave, but he stops me.

"Don't leave me, I'll just have more nightmares having you gone," he says, laying back. I climb in next to him and he curls his cold, strong arm around me. I slip off into the peaceful sleep again, watching Loki's calm face.

×*×*×*×*×*×