05. Love Is Dead.

Nat ran his index finger under his nose before knocking on TJ's door before he stuffed his hands in his pockets. He just hopes Cam isn't here. He started tapping his foot against the concrete floor, he was growing impatient.

Finally, the door opened and TJ looked surprised to see him. He then looked normal and leaned against the door frame. "My, my, lookie here. Friend of ghost past. What can I do you for, Nat?"

"Anything to get me totally fucked up," he said and TJ looked at him. Nat flinched, feeling jumpy and ready to shake him down if he didn't say something.

He waved his arm in his house, "Come on in," he said.

~

"This is great, Kim," Cam said. She was over at Kim's house and they were in her in-ground pool. It was just a girls day together and they were floating in the water with float mats and listening to music. "It's so relaxing."

"I know, right." Kim said. "Work on our tanning and have some girl time."

Cam just nodded in agreement and closed her eyes behind her sunglasses. She let her arms dangle out into the water and listened to the radio stations whilst she lip sang to My Hearts a Radio.

A few minutes later, Kim spoke, "I'm going to have a little party tomorrow."

Cam eyebrows forward together and she turned her head to look at her, "Huh?"

She waved at her, "It's going to be small. It's just going to be the group and few close friends. Chris thought it was a good idea."

"And I'm just finding this out now?" she asked.

"I just thought of it this morning. Sounds fun, right?" she asked.

"I guess," Cam said. "I'm not bringing anything though."

Kim chuckled, "Wasn't going to ask you to."

They went back to relaxing and enjoying the summer's day. Cam liked this, hanging out with her friend and living her teenage life to the fullest.

'Oh, oh, oh, oh, I don't know where I'm going in this desert road but I kn-know I'm going to make it home even if I have to survive on nothing but the guides of the stars," Sons of Adam's hit song came on.

"Time to change the channel," Kim said.

Cam frowned, "No, wait," she said. She couldn't avoid the fact anymore that Nat and his band were everywhere. She had to learn how to deal with it, it was just a song. She couldn't let a song control her and upset her. Not anymore. "It's fine, keep it on."

"You sure?" Kim asked.

Cam hesitated, but nodded, "Yeah, it's fine," she said and turned her head to Kim who turned her head to Cam. "It's just another song and another band, right."

Kim smiled, "Right."

After spending ten more minutes in the pool, they got out to get out of the sun for a little and splurged out on some food. They finished at least three fourths of a box of Oreo's together.

"I'm craving chocolate ice cream," Kim said.

To her disappointment, so was Cam, "So am I. We're so fat sometimes," she said and they giggled. "Josh would kill us if he knew we we're pigging out when we have practices real soon."

She snorted, "We are girls," she said, walking up the stairs and Cam followed. "We have needs and one of them is the obsession with chocolate."

Cam just chuckled and they got dressed in their shorts and tank tops. They slipped on their sandals and Kim grabbed ten dollars and they were off to the store.