13. The Way I Loved You.

Each time Cam threw Nat’s hand off her thigh, he just put his hand back on the same place and it was becoming an annoying game to her now. She more than willing to stab him with her fork, but it would look kind of weird to stab him and he starts freaking out and has a fork threw his hand.

            She couldn’t help but the thought if she did, he started screaming in agonizing pain. Him running around the yard and him begging for someone to pull it out. It might just be her and devilish mind, but she find the thought really funny.

            She didn’t even realized she was grinning like a manic and giggling until she felt everyone eyes on her. Her cheeks burned up and she took a fork pull of her salad, “Sorry, was just…imaging something really funny.”, she said, not really lying. A way of hurting Nat was kind of fun.

            She felt his hand slid up and down her thigh. She grimed down at her plate, wanting him to stop touching her! She looked around the table for something, but all she found was his cup close to her hand. Her eyebrow arched up, if she just tilt it a little, it would fall and land on his lap.

            She felt back the grin by biting her lower lip on the right side and she reached like she was grabbing the kitchen for her hamburger, her hand knocking over Nat’s cup and it fell, it purring out off the table and onto Nat’s lap and he jumped up from the bench.

            Cam gave a shock apologetic, “Oh my God, I am so sorry!”, she said, getting up and grabbed a few napkins. She was having a hard time holding back her grin as she handed him them and had to bit in the inside of her cheek.

            She noticed Nat noticed she did it on purpose and shook his head to her and a small grin appeared on her face. She sat back down and took a bite of her hamburger. She heard Nat grumble under his breath about getting her back, but he kept his hand away from her thigh and she was pleased.

            “Hey daddy,” Addie said and she sounded nervous. “I was wondering…”, she trailed off and played with a strain of her hair.

            “Wondering what, princess?”, Henry said, sounding curious to what she has to say.

            She opened her mouth, but the front door opened and closed. Cam saw her dad walked into the kitchen and he looked tired as he loosen his tie and walked out back, “Sorry I’m late. Late business meeting.”, he said as he sat down next to Cam’s mom.

            “It’s okay,” her mom said, though you can some annoyance in her voice. “You’re here is what all it matters.”,

            Before Cam could say anything to her father, Nat said, “Hello Mr. Collins.”, he said, giving him smile.

            “Nat, I almost didn’t recognize you.”, Cam’s dad said. “You’ve gotten tall and took my advice about getting a haircut.”,

            Nat chuckled, “Yes, I have. I’m no longer that boy with the skater like hair anymore.”,

            “More like a Justin Bieber side-swept.”, Cam’s mother and everyone around agreed and chuckled at the memory.

            “Okay, okay, Addie was about to tell me something.”, Henry said. “Go ahead, princess.”,

            Addie cheeks blushed up, “Oh never mind, it doesn’t matter anymore.”, she said, nervously chuckling.

            “No, come on, tell me.”, Henry said.

            She just shook her head and gave him a look like she didn’t want to anymore. They all looked at her confused and curious.