01. Here Without You.

After breathing in the white powder from the straw Nat threw it aside and laid back on the couch. His eyes were closed and he breathed in, letting the high take him over. He ranked his hands through his hair and a lop-sided grin plastered his face as he felt his body start to relax. He felt the feeling of being free. Like he could do anything in the world, even fly.

             He chuckled at the thought and he heard his band mates and best friends around him laughing for no reason. He felt the brunette girl next to him, whose name he had already forgotten. What’s her name, was probably two years older than him. As she slid he hand across his chest he opened his eyes and leant up, “I’m so fucked up,” he said, his voice smug. He stretched his arms out and got up, walking across the hotel room over to where the case of beer was and took aCoronaout.

              He was seventeen years old and already a fuck up. He knew this, but he was Nat Bynes. He could do anything he wanted. Even though he had a concert the next day, he always got smashed the night before. It helped him do a better show.

              And it’s not like anyone knew apart from his band manger.

              He couldn't get the cap off the bottle but he wasn’t even putting up the effort to try. The more he tried to twist the top off, the more frustrated he got. He tried a bottle opener and it just kept slipping.

              “God damn it!” he cursed and smashed the top of it against the drawer. Around he heard laughter, but he ignored them and started drinking what was in the bottle.  

            The brunette got up from the couch and walked over to him, her heels making her taller than him and that’s saying a lot since Nat was 6’1. But of course she stumbled as she made her way over to him.

              She was about to kiss him, but he hated when the girls took the lead. He grabbed her waist and slammed his lips down on her mouth, plunging his tongue down her throat.

              It was normal of him to have one night stands, it filled his needs. Music, drugs, beer, and sex was all he needed. It’s all a rockstar needed.  

            After five minutes of making out with the chick, he took another round of the white powder. He suddenly felt trapped in the hotel room, so he got up and made his way over to the balcony. Believing he could fly appeared in his mind again as he walked over to the ledge.   “Hey man,” his friend Josh called out to him from inside the room. “What are doing?”

              “Thinking,” he said. His put his hands on the ledge and the cool Arizonaair hit him.  His band mates chuckled. “About?” KC asked, Nat hearing the curiosity in his voice. “Could it be about Cameron Collins?”  

            The amused grin on Nat’s face dropped and so did his mood. KC just had to ruin it. He didn’t ever want to hear that name. Not after she broke his heart.

              “I don’t know that name,” he said and ran his hand across his face. He felt like he was starting to sweat since the cold air was getting a little cooler.

              “Who’s Cameron Collins?” he heard one of the girls in the room ask. His nose scrunched up in disgust as he stared across the city.  

            “Nat’s ex. Cammy broke his poor little heart. She’s a slut.” Dan said and Nat gripped the ledge tightly, his anger boiling up.  

            He turned around quickly. “Shut up, Dan! She isn’t a slut!” he yelled. Sure, she broke his heart, but she wasn’t a slut. He didn’t want to admit it, but she had the right to move on from him. He wasn’t sure when he would return to Storm, but he just thought if she loved him, she would wait forever. Yes, he was selfish, but he was madly in love with that girl. He just hated how quickly she had moved on from him.