02. Mistake

“I take a chance on you guys and this is what you do to me?” said Nat's manager. “I said to do that shit in private and not let anyone know! For one, it was stupid to bring those girls back to the hotel while you were fucked up 'cause for all you know, they could have taken pictures and now, they could be selling it. And as for you, Nat, how reckless could you get?”

            What Rob—their manager—didn’t know was that Nat was barley paying attention. Behind his dark sunglasses, his eyes were practically closed and he couldn’t give a shit to listen or otherwise.

            He was slugging in his seat in front of Rob's desk, and had to fight to keep his head up. Just make him think I am listening, was all that was going through his head.

           But what he hadn’t realized was that Rob had gotten up from his chair and he just noticed his presence beside him when he knocked Nat's sunglasses from his head. Nat widened his eyes as he woke up and he blinked, and then shook his head to clear his head fully.  He bent over his knees a little and his killer headache unleashed itself.

            He brought his fingers up to the bridge of his nose and pinched, “I feel like complete shit,” he said, his voice lazy. He needed a fix badly. He needed to get out of there and get fucked up. He had a concert in an hour and if he didn’t do something, he’d mess up.

            He felt Rob slap his back. “Look, just go get ready and please, don’t screw up. The band needs you—it’s you that’s really the star. You’re the reason why the band shines. Now, get out of here and go make me a paycheck.”

            Nat grinned—he was right. He was the reason why the band was famous. He had done everything he could and after all, Nat was the lead singer, he was the only one that mattered. He was the important one. He was the one to talk in an interview, not the others. It was messed up to say, but it was true.

            Nat got up from the couch and walked over to the door. “No problem, Rob,” he said, walking out.

            As soon as he got outside of the building he was greeted with paparazzi. However, grimacing he pushed his way to his car.

            “Hey Nat, no offence, but you look like shit!” he heard one of them say.

            He knew they were only tempting him and it got to him a little. Before he got in his car, he flipped them off and they quickly snapped pictures of it. When he turned on his car he was greeted with a stupid Taylor Swift song on the radio.

            Taylor Swift only reminded him of one person--Cam.

            He went to turn the song, until a lyric came on, “—I go back to December all of the time—”,

            That was when Nat left Storm. It was in December, and it was a week before Christmas and Cam's birthday. She had her birthday on Christmas and she always hated it. He left her before her birthday and what made it worse, he called two days late to wish her happy birthday.

            “—And then the cold came, the dark days when fear crept into my mind
You gave me all your love and all I gave you was "Goodbye".”

            Nat slammed his thumb against the mute button and brought his hands to his face, felt like he was having a panic attack. He needed to stop thinking about her. She didn’t want him anymore—she didn’t! TJ had told him everything.

            His hand balled up in a fist and he hit the middle of the steering wheel, the horn going off. He realized he was still in the parking space of his manager’s place. Putting the car in drive he didn’t care at all if a pap was in front of his car when he drove forward.