Chapter 24 Teaser 1: After Breaking Dawn

Baha; you get to be teased.[:

So today is probably the only day that I'll be able to write.

It is spring break, you know.

And today I've decided to write.

[:

Anyhow, you won't be missing anything because this is the begining of the chapter.

Nothing from the middle.. xD

Tell me what you think.

-Amber

I walked up the steps, Ciaran behind me, and opened the door; something instantly didn't feel right to me. I don't know what it was, or why I felt this way, but it did not feel right. At all. "Hellooo?" Ciaran asked from behind; I realized I'd just been standing in an open doorway. "Right, sorry.." I mumbled whilst rubbing my temples. I let Ciaran in and closed the door. No one was stirring about, and it was close to one-thirty in the afternoon. I sighed and trudged up the stairs. "You okay?" Ciaran asked me, I sighed once more and nodded. "Yeah, I'm alright, I just feel like something is out of place; not right." He nodded thoughtfully and opened mine and Renesmee's bedroom door.

I laughed to myself; I'm sharing a room with an engaged woman. "What?" Ciaran asked, I just shook my head.

"Nothing.." I said with a smile. He watched me as I went through my two bags, running back and forth between my closet, bathroom and the bags on my bed. Not once did he offer to help; probably because he'd be more of a problem then any help. The fear that something was terribly wrong never left me, but Ciaran told me that I was probably over-thinking it. He was probably right.

We were laying lazily on my bed, the stereo on a low, when I heard someone running up the stairs. I braced myself for death, but then relaxed my body. I was absolutely over thinking it. Renesmee burst through the door as I stood up. She ran and tossed her arms around my neck, picking me up and hugging me tightly. I winced; my bruises were gone for the most part, but my ribs were still tender from the abuse. "Sorrrry." She said in a tone that was high-pitched and abnormal to her. I looked down at her left hand and squealed. I held her hands in mine and began jumping up and down, smiles plastered on both of our faces. "Women.." Jacob mumbled sarcastically from the corner he and Ciaran had escaped to. I laughed at him, "Don't think you'll get away with out being sucked into our wrath.." I mumbled back quietly. He laughed at me, whilst Ciaran laughed with me. It was rather comical.

After catching up quickly, and quietly, I decided to go downstairs. "Where are you going?" Ciaran asked me curiously as I crossed the room, towards the door. I put my hand on the door knob, "Humans get hungry." I said cynically, walking out the doors. I heard a laugh from around the corner, and I turned. My eyes went wide, my hands got sweaty and my smile fell. "Humans, my dear, do get hungry. But as do we."

© 2010 Amber Snyder (AmberNicoleCullen)