The Hot New Kid With An Attitude And Miss Perfect; Is It Love? 1

Okay; So I think I like this story?

Vote if you do, too.

Comment if you don't, or if you think I can do better?

[:

All is greatly appreciated.

Fan if you want to hear more about Faye and Matthew in the future.<3

-Amber

THE HOT NEW KID WITH AN ATTITUDE AND MISS PERFECT; IS IT LOVE?

AMBER SNYDER ©

IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?

CHAPTER 1

I walked into my first class expecting nothing new. But god, was I wrong. I walked into the door, and in my seat was a boy with.. well.. he had great hair. But the fact was he was in my seat, and that, well, that is my seat. No, obviously it doesn't have my name on it, but its assigned to me, Faye. Someone cleared their throat, and I realized I was standing in the door way, people were waiting to come inside. I stepped out of the way and shot apologetic glances at the boys whom I had held up. I was just so annoyed with this new boy, this beautiful new boy, who was sitting in MY seat. I walked over to him, and stood beside the desk. He looked at me, and smiled a cocky grin. I looked at him, but I didn't smile.

"Can I help you?" His voice was like butter, so smooth.

"Hi, my name is Faye. You must be new." I greeted him, trying to be polite. My attempt went unnoticed, apparently.

"Cool story, bro." he said, and I stifled a sigh. I stood their impatiently as I watched him copy the bell-work off the board. He didn't look at me all the while he was doing this, but when he'd finished he look up at me. He had vivid, large green eyes framed by thick black lashes. "Why are you standing there watching me? Its annoying." he said in a cocky voice. Who did he think he was? He was new, and he acted like he'd owned this place.

"You're in my seat, actually." I said, and just then the last bell rang. I groaned, all the while he's looked amused.

"Faye, why are you standing there? Take a seat. Now." Our teacher, Mrs. W (She went by a letter, like almost all the teachers here did) spoke rapidly, she sounded angry. I gritted my teeth as this new boy laughed.

I took the seat behind my seat, naturally. The whole lesson he kept running his fingers through his carmel colored hair. It was long, but not too long. Ashton Kutcher long, you could say. It went over his eye perfectly, slashing messily. It was adorable. He was adorable. But he had a really, really crappy personality. I saw that he sat up straight, unlike every other boy in the class. He may actually have manners, because he looked classier then every other boy in this school. I did have to remind myself that this is the eighth grade, not college. Today we were writing about weather we would want to be a cheerleader, or a baseball player, and why. It was called a quick write, so we had five minutes of so to write. She would call on select people each time we completed that short writing session to share.

"Matthew, why don't you share?" Our teacher said, the boy's name was Matthew. That was good info for me to know.

"Matt, actually." He corrected hastily, then beginning to share his short story with the rest of the class. "There are many sports in our modern time, none of which are called cheer-leading. There is, actually, a sport called baseball. I would much rather hit a ball with a stick, then play with plastic strips called pom-poms. And thats all I have so far." he announced, and the whole class laughed. Except my teacher and I, we didn't laugh.

"Bravo.. Bravo.." I muttered to myself as I placed my pen into my pen case. The boy in front of me spun around in his seat, and looked me dead in the eye.

"Did I ask you?" He said rudely. Wow, this boy really is a jerk.

"You didn't have to." I said cheerfully standing, he rolled his eyes slowly before picking his backpack up and exiting the class behind me. I walked to my music class in silence, not wanting to lash out on random people whom annoyed me in the hall. I walked into the room, picked up a chair, and sat down in the semi-circle. Just my luck, I groaned, Matthew walked into the band room and sat down beside me. He smiled at me, and as I watched him go, I wondered if he had multiple-personality disorder. It was oh, so very agitating. As the rest of the class filed in, mind you theres only ten kids, he began smiling at me.

"Hello class." Our teacher Mr. H said as he walked in. I really, truly did despise this man. But luckily he was lazy, and rather then teach us he had the sign language interpreter Mrs. L teach us sign. He called roll, and then went back into his office. "Okay, class, today we're going to sign in partners, and see if you can teach one and other new signs that you didn't know before!" she sounded enthusiastic, but I wasn't. I knew I'd be that damned kid Matthew's partner because I was the most advanced, and he was new. "Okay.. Dalton and Brenden... Xavier and Valeria.. Amber you can work with Matthew, Bianca and Sarah and then we'll have Paulo and Bohnnie." I smiled to myself, a sad smile though.

Matthew walked over to me with a crease in his brow, and... oh my god.. was that excitement in his smile? I frowned; hell's freezing over.

© 2010 Amber Snyder (ambernicolecullen