Chapter 21: Isobel and Charlotte

I woke up in a bright, open room, that wasn't mine. I looked around and realized where I was. I remembered everything that happened last night, and it wasn't a dream. I slowly sat up as quietly as I could keeping the sheets covering my body. Damon was next to me still sound a sleep as I could tell. I tried slowly taking the sheet from the bed and wrapping it around me. I tiptoed around the room trying to find my clothes. All I wanted was to get out of the house without any one catching me. I started to slip on my clothes when I heard shuffling in the bed behind me.

"What are you doing?" Damon asked in a low groan.

"Leaving, sneaking out.. What ever you wanna call it." I shrugged.

"And why would you do that?" He responded.

"I find it hard to believe that you're not the one telling me to get out." I shrugged as he started putting on his clothes too.

"Maybe I don't mind you staying." He smiled and walked over to where I was still needing to find my shirt.

"In the time that we were together last night anything could have happened.." I sighed and he grabbed on to my cheeks.

"Calm down for two seconds." He said picking my shirt up from the ground to let me put it on and end up kissing me softly. "No matter what happened... We'll figure it out."

"How do you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?" He questioned.

"Hide your feelings? Act like I'm the only thing that matters?" I asked and he half smiled.

"I was just trying to protect you, from me. I'm not a good guy, I've hurt a lot people.. Including you." He sighed.

"Either way, I'll always end up getting hurt, but I can protect myself. You're not always going to be bad, Damon." I said softly and leaned in to kiss him again.

"You really think that." He stated.

"I believe in change.." I shrugged walking around him. "So I'm gonna shower and then you can drive me to the school."

"Or you could stay, we can talk, and maybe do a little of this." He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist and letting his lips graze over mine.

"As much fun as that sounds, I have to help build the parade float, and I'd rather not get yelled at by Caroline today." I shrugged.

"Fine. You may go." He sighed opening the door behind me.

I smiled before turning to walk out of the room. I walked down the hall carefully, going to one of the guest bedroom's to get ready. I took a quick shower and went through my bag of clothes that were left here. I decided on a pair of dark blue high wasted jean shorts, and a plain maroon crop top. I slipped on some navy blue converse and put a pair of black heart shaped earrings in my holes. As soon as I was dressed, I blow dried my hair and curled it. Lastly I did my makeup, darker then usual but just because I felt like it. When I was ready I grabbed my phone and walked over to Damon's door. I didn't even bother knocking I just walked right inside. I heard shouting so I was curious as to what was going on.

"Damon?" I called walking around the corner to see Damon on the ground with Stefan angrily above him. "Oh my god! Stefan stop!"

"Stay back." Damon replied as Stefan punched him again.

"Stefan!" I yelled pushing Stefan away from Damon. "What the hell is wrong with you two?!"

"How are you defending him?" Stefan asked.

"I need to know what's going on before I can defend anyone." I stated confused at what exactly was going on.

"My daylight ring is gone. The one Elena gave me was a fake." He replied.