Chapter 6: She Knows

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 6: She Knows

Dear Diary,

We finally have Damon right where we want him. He's still in that basement cell becoming weaker and weaker. The night of the Founder's Party I stayed in the basement all night talking to him. He told me about Katherine, and how he found a witch that could save her. All he needed was that crystal, but now none of us know what happened to it. He told me everything he was saying that night was true. But now he doesn't trust me once again. I mean I wouldn't blame him, I really can't be trusted with things like that. I've actually been spending a lot of time at the boarding house. Not just with Damon, but with Stefan as well. Elena almost found out about vampires the other night, and we're trying to make sure she doesn't get any closer. Now that Damon's out of the picture for now we won't have to worry as much. As long as Damon doesn't try anything funny we'll be fine. So yesterday since Stefan and Elena haven't been talking much, Jeremy and I helped Stefan set up a dinner for the two of them. It gave Stefan a chance to talk to Elena about things he's wanted to talk to her about. We were happy to do it for them... I guess that's all the crazy for now... I better get going to the boarding house to check on Damon...

I shut my diary slowly and looked over at Elena's already made bed. She'd left only about five minutes ago. I was behind a little from all the much needed sleep. I got off my bed and slipped my journal underneath my mattress for a good hiding place now that I have so many secrets written in it. I looked inside Jeremy's room before heading out, which was a bad idea because Vicki was with him. I will probably never get that picture out of my head. I shook it off and walked down to the kitchen to grab a coffee to go laced with some vervain that I also managed to slip in Jenna's coffee. I finally was on track and heading to the boarding house.

Today was a Saturday and we all volunteered to help Caroline with the Sexy Suds car wash. I would be a little late and Caroline wouldn't be too happy. I was dressed in a hot pink tank top from Victoria Secrets that had Pink written in black on the front in big letters, and some light blue jean shorts. Underneath, I was wearing a blue bandeau bikini top and hot pink bikini bottoms. My sandals were just black and braided around my foot. I had on my vervain necklace and some pink sunglasses. I was in a perfect mood on this beautiful day and there's no way Damon could mess it up. I drove into the long drive and parked right behind Damon's vacant vehicle. I walked right inside not knowing if anyone was home, but I didn't really care.

"Hey Roxanne." Stefan smiled coming down from the stairs on my right. "What's up?"

"It's a car wash Stefan it's going to be like 70 degrees!" I laugh looking at his jeans and sweatshirt. "I also came to check on Damon."

"He's still Damon... Nothing less, nothing more..." Stefan shrugged making me laugh. "And don't laugh, I just don't really like these things."

"Yeah ok... Did you want a ride?" I asked. "It's not a bother, I'm going right after I talk to Damon."

"I'll get there faster by running. But thanks for the offer." He smiled walking to the door. "I'll see you there then."

"See you there Stef." I nodded walking in the direction of the basement. When I got down there I looked in the cell to see a gloomy Damon. "Hey there sad and gloomy!"

"Go away Roxanne, unless you found the crystal I'm not interested in a chat." He groaned looking up slowly.

"Don't pout Damon... It doesn't work for you." I laugh opening the cell door to walk inside.

"I could rip you to pieces, bad idea to come into a cell with an angry vampire Roxanne." He hissed.

"You won't hurt me Damon... Because you know I'm the only person who cares about you." I sigh pulling out a blood bag from my pocket. "Here, don't tell Stefan I gave this to you..."