Chapter 10: Decisions, Decisions

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 10: Decisions, Decisions

Dear Diary,

A lot has gone down in the past few days. First I'll start with our new history teacher. His name's Alaric Saltzman. there's something off about him but we can't figure it out yet. But finding out that Damon killed Lexi was one of the major issues. He said it was to get the town off their backs. Stefan's furious with him and he almost resorted to killing him. I'm furious with him as well. We're not on speaking terms at the moment for like the second time this month. We also witnessed the crystal to opening the tomb Katherine was in being destroyed by Emily Bennett, an ancestor of Bonnie's who possessed her body. We also found out that not only did Emily save Katherine in the tomb, but all 27 vampires "murdered" in 1864. So now Damon's back to his normal self because he's not able to get Katherine back. Elena and I also told Bonnie about Stefan and Damon being vampires. The only thing is, Stefan and Damon are planning to leave Mystic Falls. I'll be sure to update more, but for now, there is enough crazy in my life. One more thing. The other night I was so wasted. I can't remember a thing...

"Jeremy's got his sketch pad out." Elena smiled walking into our room after changing into some clothes for school.

"You're kidding?" I said in disbelief with a smile plastered to my face.

"Nope. But don't say a word. The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away." She responded.

"Psychology major. Check that!" Jenna's voice came from the door.

"I have to go over to the boarding house, do you wanna come?" I asked Elena as soon as Jenna left.

"You go, I have to meet Bonnie and Caroline at school super early." She nodded, but I knew she was lying ever since Stefan told her they shouldn't be together.

"Ok." I nodded watching her walk out of our room. "So much for sisterly bonding time."

I quickly got in the shower and blow dried my hair and curled it. I walked over to my closet to see what to wear. I chose to wear something laid back and simple today. I wore some dark blue skinny jeans, a maroon sweater that said DOPE on it, and a pair of black All Star high tops. Instead of carrying a purse around I decided to use my camouflage backpack. After I was all ready I walked down to the living room to tell Jenna I was leaving. Her car keys were gone so I just walked out to my car. This might be one of my last drives to the boarding house. I parked my car in the drive way and walked right into the house quietly. I heard Stefan and Damon talking so I wanted to listen in.

"So any idea of where you'll go?" Stefan asked I could see him standing at the window.

"I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends." Damon shrugged in response.

"You don't have any friends, Damon." Stefan replied, which was true though.

"You're right, Stefan. I only have you. So, where are we goin'?" Damon asked making me wide my eyes in shock.

"We are not going anywhere. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible." Stefan responded.

"But we're a team! We could travel the world together. We could try out for "The Amazing Race"." Damon smiled walking over to his brother.

"Mmmm, that's funny. Seriously, where are you going? Because we are not staying in this town." Stefan shrugged.

"So you really are packing your bags and leaving town." I joined into the conversation watching them both look at me in surprise.

"I'm really sorry. We just can't stay here any more." Stefan responded looking at me with sadness. Just as the doorbell rang. Stefan went to go get it so Damon and I followed.