Chapter 5: Founder's Party

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 5: Founder's Party

"How do you look in a suit?" I heard Elena ask someone from inside the kitchen.

"I can pull one off." Stefan's familiar voice spoke softly.

"Great. Then will you please be my date to the Founder's party?" She asked brightly.

"I'd be honored." Stefan's voice replied happily.

I walked down from the stairs carefully grabbing my car keys and purse in the process. Ever since Damon compelled me to tell the truth Stefan and I haven't been the closest. He knows how I feel about him, but he loves Elena, and I have to move on. I slowly walked outside to my car when Damon's blue convertible drove up my drive way. Damon has been the most annoying person on the planet ever since that night happened. I not only confessed my love for his brother, but I almost kissed him at the first football game. He wouldn't leave me alone about it either. Damon had a new person to torture 24/7 and I wasn't thrilled about it. Maybe if I could distract Damon long enough he could forget about it. But I doubt that'll happen, he's made it his mission to bug me.

"Need a ride?" Damon's voice spoke in a happy tone. "It's free if you want it..."

"I'd rather drop dead." I nodded with a sarcastic smile.

"That can be arranged." He pointed out getting out of his car.

"Snarky Damon's back." I sighed rolling my eyes. "What do you want Damon?"

"I need you to be my date for the Founder's Party." He said in a statement because I basically had no choice.

"Fine." I shrugged it off avoiding a fight with him.

"That's it? No Damon your an idiot why would I ever go with you crap??" He asked in amazement.

"Let's just say I'm not in the mood to get into it with you Damon." I groaned walking past him to my car.

"We need to have a talk about what happened the other night." He said pushing me to his car.

"The best way to forget about something is to not talk about it..." I stopped and turned to face him.

"You can't hide from him forever Roxanne." Damon said like he actually cared.

"You're right, but for now I'd like to keep my distance and never speak about it again." I groaned as the front door started to open.

"Look who's coming, it's Stefan." Damon smiled without looking at the door because he could hear him.

"Shit!" I muttered looking at Stefan walking our way.

"Nothing you can do now..." Damon smiled making me roll my eyes. "Hey Stef!"

"Damon..." He nodded towards his brother. "How have you been Roxanne?"

"Fine, thanks for asking." I replied in an awkward tone. "Well, I should be going."

"Hey!" Damon interrupted. "We still need to talk..."

"And I said I don't want to talk Damon." I groaned.

"Leave her alone Damon. If she doesn't want to talk don't make her talk." Stefan butted in nicely.

"Thanks.." I said quietly which earned a slight smile from Stefan.

"Both of you. Grill in 20 minutes, I already killed your football coach I could kill any one next." Damon reminded.

"How bout you just kill me and get on with it." I rolled my eyes jingling my car keys in my hand.

"It's crossed my mind." He grinned evilly. "But than I thought that'd be too easy."