Chapter 2: Night of the Comet

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 2: Night of the Comet

I find myself walking through a dark forest. It must be the middle of the night. Is it a dream? But it looks too real to be a dream. I keep walking and walking until I find myself at the graveyard. The graveyard close to Wickery Bridge... I walk up to a tombstone that looks unfamiliar to me. It reads Stefan Salvatore, loving brother, son, and friend... I look to the left to find another Salvatore headstone. It reads Damon Salvatore, loving brother, son, friend, and war veteran. I shake my head in disbelief as I turn around I met myself with two familiar pairs of eyes. They glow a deep green from the moon. I watch as his face... changes. Fangs are shown from his teeth as he backs me up into a tree. I'm scared, my eyes are wide, and then I feel pain coming from my neck... Stefan is draining blood from me... He's a vampire...

I wake up with a sudden jolt. It was a dream, it was just a dream Roxanne. I get up from my bed to get a drink from the kitchen. It's dark in the hall way, but I don't bother to turn a light on. My dream was fake, Stefan's not a vampire... I get a glass from the cabinet and let water go inside. As I start to drink it I hear a noise come from the stairs. I slowly walk to the stairs grabbing a knife to protect me if I needed it. I slowly looked around until I felt someone watching me. I turned around to see a man's familiar face. I was wondering how he got inside my house and where he came from. Instead of asking him a question his face started to change like Stefan's had in my dream. I screamed when he lunged at me. I stabbed the knife in his chest and ran upstairs. He was too fast. The door way to my bed room was blocked. He lunged foreword again and sank his fangs into my neck.

I suddenly woke up in a gasp. It was 9:30 in the morning, today being a Saturday. I got out of my bed and walked into the empty bathroom. Elena was already gone and Jeremy was listening to music in his room. I took a shower trying to get the dreams out of my head. Ever since I met Stefan things have gotten stranger and stranger. I have the same dream every night. It's either my imagination, or it's trying to tell me something. I quickly blow dried my hair and curled it to look natural. I rummaged through my closet for something to wear and decided on a yellow high low sun dress, with a brown belt around the waist, a light blue jean jacket, some light brown heels and dangly gold earrings. I grabbed my clutch purse and walked down stairs. Aunt Jenna was eating breakfast and reading something from college. I let her be and walked out the door to my car.

I guess it's just what happened at the bonfire the other night that's gotten me so worried. Vicki Donavan, Matt's sister was found in the woods loosing a lot of blood. Just when I thought I was done thinking about vampires too. I parked my car at the grill and walked inside to find the whole gang by the pool table. Matt was working at the bar and I gave him a slight wave and he smiled. I walked over to the pool table where everyone was. Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, Tyler, Stefan were all talking about Vicki getting out of the hospital tonight. The night of the comet..

"Roxanne's here! The party can start!" Tyler announced wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Actually, we have to help prepare for the comet tonight." Caroline smiled enthusiastically.

"Right. Ok Caroline why don't we go ask Tyler's mom what to start with." Elena said dragging Caroline out of the grill. It was just Bonnie, Tyler, Stefan and I now.

"Tyler, why don't we go find Matt and ask him about the party tonight?" Bonnie asked and Tyler nodded letting go of me cautiously.

"Wanna play?" I asked pointing to the pool table. "I mean I'd probably win, but you've got a shot."

"Ok, your on." Stefan smiled. "But I warn you, I play a pretty rough game Roxanne."

So we played a round of pool and I won. Stefan called for a rematch, and he won that round. So we were playing one last game to see who the champion was. When I was making a shot I watched as a dark haired man walked inside. He was the same guy from my dream, the vampire. I stood up and watched as he went over to the bar. Stefan looked at me in confusion, but I just ignored him and kept watching. The guy looked so familiar, it's like I'd met him before but I don't know where. I watched as he got up to leave so I followed him. He walked out of the Grill and across the lot to his car. I walked up behind him and noticed Stefan was right behind me.