Chapter 8: Halloween

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 8: Halloween

The next day I woke up on the couch in the living room of the boarding house. Stefan and Damon were talking in the next room over. I was confused as to why I was here and not in my own bed. I can't really remember what happened after Elena walked back inside the house. I sat up from the couch and tried to stand up but I felt really dizzy. I picked up my phone from the table and looked at the time. It was three in the afternoon. Caroline and Bonnie had been calling and texting me all day. I forgot that we were all going to hang out for Halloween. I set my phone back down on the table without texting them back. Stefan and Damon finally walked inside the room, probably knowing I was awake.

"Good, you're awake." Damon said using his vampire speed to sit next to me.

"Did you drug me?" I asked suspiciously. "Because if you did, that's not cool."

"Nobody drugged any body. Something went wrong with the healing process with Damon's blood in your system. Do you feel different?" Stefan asked.

"Different.. Nope..." I shrugged. "Except I feel really dizzy, what happened?"

"Elena said you collapsed when you got upstairs. You're aunt thinks you're with Bonnie." Stefan sighed. "We also did some research while you were sleeping."

"What went wrong? I don't really understand why it didn't heal me..." I asked confused.

"Your blood is special.." Damon speaks up annoyed. "Meaning it can heal it's self like a vampires."

"You're Dopplegänger blood is different from Elena and Katherine. It only happens once every few centuries of Dopplegängers." Stefan nods along. "You don't heal as fast, but you won't die unless it's major."

"In first grade I fell off the monkey bars, and when they took me to the doctor's declaring I'd broken a bone, I was fine..." I replied with wide eyes.

"Great, now I can't threaten you." Damon pouts and I roll my eyes.

"But I can still threaten you." I smile widely. "It's kind of poetic, don't you think?"

"I can still turn you, that's not an issue..." He smiles back evil in his viscous eyes.

"Then you'd have to put up with me forever." I replied simply standing up from the couch as the door bell rang outside.

"I'll get it." Damon said running at vampire speed to the door. Then he came back shortly after. "It's for you..."

"Me?" I asked curiously walking to the front door to see who it could be. When I got to the door I was shocked to see the person standing in front of me. "Jordan?!"

"The one and only!" He laughed giving me a tight hug. "How's my little Roxy been doing?"

"Wow, um words can't explain how I've been doing... What are you doing back here?" I asked amazed

"Well you've changed a lot since Freshman year." He smiled and I agreed with him.

"Did you want to go hang out at The Grill? I'm sure Bonnie, and Caroline, and Matt and everyone else would be so happy to see you!" I replied with a happy smile.

"Yeah, are you done here?" He asked reminding me about what Stefan and Damon were talking about with me.

"Right, do you mind coming in for a few minutes? It'll only take a second." I ask holding on to his arms trying to drag him inside.

"Ok." He nodded following me inside to the living room where Stefan and Damon were.

"Hey, guys... This is my old friend Jordan, Jordan that's my friend Stefan and that's his brother Damon..." I replied pointedly at Damon.