Chapter 14: The Tomb

The Other Gilbert

Chapter 14: The Tomb

I wake up suddenly with a gasp. I realize that I'm in a bed, but it's not my own bed. I sit up quickly and look around the room. It's a motel room. The shades are closed tightly and it's very dark. A figure is sitting in a chair at the end of the bed. I can't make out the face, but I know it's a man. I know that this guy is probably a vampire. If I make one mistake he could wake up instantly and I would have no chance of escaping. I got off the bed quietly and passed the vampire in his seat. I started to shake as I unlocked the door. I looked back at the figure sleeping in the chair before reaching for the handle to open the door.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The voice was right above me and I turned around slowly. "Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?"

"I understand." I nodded. How stupid was this guy? As he turned his back I started to open the door to run out, but an unfamiliar girl stopped me.

"Ben are you an idiot?" She spoke dragging me back inside. I groaned as she pulled my hair.

"I did that eye thing you taught me!" He replied in defense.

"You forgot the lesson of vervain! She's with the Salvatore brothers, Ben! Think!" She exclaimed pushing me into a wall near the bathroom.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I hissed.

"Does it matter?" She asked pushing me into the bathroom, locking it behind me. I rolled my eyes and looked around the small bathroom. I looked at the bath tub and there was Bonnie, unconscious.

"Bonnie! Oh my god!" I exclaimed frantically kneeling to be by her side. I quickly got up and wet a towel and put it to her head. Slowly she began to open her eyes. "Bonnie?"

"Roxanne?" She asked opening her eyes wider. "What's going on? Oh my god, Ben's a.."

"Shhh." I whispered getting up to turn on the water in the sink. "They can hear you Bon."

"Why are we here?" She asked terror filling her brown eyes.

"It has something to do with the tomb and Emily's spell book." I sighed and realized my phone was in my boots from yesterday and they hadn't checked it.

"What does Emily's spell book have to do with anything?" Bonnie asked and I stood up to try and get service on my phone. "Roxanne?"

"Damon thinks there's a spell in it to help open the tomb where Katherine is." I replied getting a bar on my phone.

"Why didn't you tell me!" She exclaimed as I typed a text to Stefan, but it was still having trouble sending.

"Because I didn't want you to get involved Bonnie." I sighed putting my phone back in my boot. "I was just hoping it would never have to come to this..."

"Come to what Roxanne?" She asked as I looked at her nervously.

"They need a witch to do the spell to open the tomb." I sighed. "They don't know about me yet."

"There's no way I'm helping them... You wouldn't either, would you?" She asked as the door burst open and Ben came in and turned off the tap.

"Play times over." He smiled grabbing on to me tightly.

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to help you." Bonnie growled and I smiled a little at her empowerment.

"That's why she's here, for motivation so you'll behave." Ben smiled pushing me out the door. "She wants to talk to you."

"Well, well, if it isn't Roxanne Gilbert. You really are Katherine's Dopplegänger. You must have the Salvatore brothers reeling." She smiled.

"Who are you?" I asked angrily.