Chapter 5 Karaoke

Hey guys! Here's chapter 5! hope you like it! thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: I don't own twilight or or any songs featured in this book.

*Editing - This chapter is a little rough*

Chapter 5- Karaoke

The restaurant smelt amazing, the aromas of garlic and freshly diced onion wafted through the space. It had a modern woody vibe with a warm atmosphere that seemed to be buzzing with the people that took up the space inside. Once we were seated comfortably, we all ordered and the waitress informed us that it was karaoke evening and handed us a booklet of songs. I could tell she was particularly keen to give Taylor a booklet. Once she was out of sight we started looking through the book, each of us finding some of our favorite songs.

"Bella you should sing, a little sneak peak performance" Taylor suggested with the utmost confidence in me. Despite only knowing me for a short time, she seemed to have adopted a lot of optimism in my singing ability, despite not even knowing the full extent to what I was capable of. I appreciated her a lot in this regard, as it was the confidence I lack and so badly want to achieve.

"Really? Are you sure?" I asked not feeling entirely competent to sing in front of a restaurant filled with people. Especially people that I now notice have their eyes glued to our table, watching our every move.

"Yes, of course. I'll go first if you want?" she replied, seeing my reluctance. I thought about her proposition for a second... Wait if she goes first, that will mean I have to compete with her because I know she will kill her performance. I mean she has sung for arenas so this restaurant will be a walk in the park. I don't wanna have to be the following act.

"No it's fine, I'll go first. It will be good to face the nerves. What should I sing though?" I questioned to myself. I browsed the list looking for a song I know that I sing and know at least moderately well, not wanting to embarrass myself. After looking through the list I decided on a song that I have sang a multitude of nights in the shower. I tried not to stumble as I made my way to the person in charge of the karaoke and instead attempted to stride, faking the confidence I definitely did not have right now. I told him that I wanted  to sing 'Listen' by Beyonce. He nodded getting me to fill out a small request form with my name and song choice before handing me a mic with a smile, he gestures towards the stage with words of good luck. My first step on the stage, I felt my legs start to shake. I stop for a couple of seconds, close my eyes and just take a singular deep breath. You can do this, this is what Alice or Ed-he would have never thought you could achieve. Prove them wrong.

With a final deep breath I force myself to smile and make my way to the middle of the stage, not letting my shaking legs deter me. Taylor and Angela smiled encouragingly at me, Taylor gestured for me to look at her. 

'Pretend it's only us' She mouths, and I nod before looking towards the DJ and bowing my head to begin. The opening chords started to play and I  knew I had the whole restaurants attention but I only looked at my table. Locking eyes with Angela for support. I noticed Taylor was filming in my peripheral and this only made me focus harder on Angela before I ran off the stage...

"Listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete
Listen to the sound from deep within
It's only beginning to find release

Oh, the time has come for my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own all 'cause you won't
Listen

Listen, I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried to say what's on mind
You should have known

Oh, now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you gave to meBut now I've gotta find my own