Summer

MICHAEL:You're lying in bed, half asleep, when your phone begins ringing. It's still pretty early in the morning, so you groggily roll over and pick it up. "Hello?" You mutter. "Good morning beautiful!" A familiar voice says from the other end. "Michael?" You ask, looking at your clock. 8:00am. Far too early for summer break. "What's wrong?" You hear him laugh on the other end. "What do you mean what's wrong? Everything's great. In fact, everything's lovely. Except that you're not here with me!" He chirps cheerfully, his voice only saddening slightly at the last part. You roll your eyes. "I asked what's wrong because it's 8:00am on a saturday." "Oh," You hear him pause, and another short laugh follows. "I guess that makes sense. Can you get dressed and meet me downstairs in a few minutes." "No." "Great, see you then." You make a face to yourself and hang up, leaping out of your bed and grabbing a figure-flattering sundress in a warm shade of pale orange that you just adore. You only have time to brush your hair and teeth, wash your face, and add a few swipes of mascara and a streak of eyeliner on each eye, before you find yourself rushing down the stairs, wondering what Michael's up to. When you exit your building into the warm sunshine, the first thing you see is Michael waiting for you, leaning against two bicycles and holding a plastic cup. "Iced mocha," He says, handing it to you and stepping forwards to wraps his arms around your waist and kiss you quickly before you push him off to take a sip of your caffeine. "Sorry I dragged you out of bed." He adds. You respond, "It's fine. I had to get moving at some point. But you do owe me an explanation. What's all this for?" "Well, this might sound like a really bad idea, but there's a carnival on the boardwalk. They've got games and food and even roller coasters and whatnot, and I don't know how long it takes to get there walking, so I got some bikes and I thought we could head over." Your boyfriend explains, looking as excited as a little kid. You want to roll your eyes, but you can't help but smile at how sweet he is. "That sounds lovely," You finally answer, taking another sip of coffee before grabbing one of the bikes. "Well come on, " You say, looking at him and motioning for him to take the other. "We've got a carnival to get to." At that Michael's face lights up. He grins and as the two of you start biking says, "Don't worry Y/N, I'll make waking you up this morning worth it. Maybe I can win you a teddy bear or something." You don't reply, a serene smile stretching across your face in response as the two of you head towards the beach, following the warm summer breeze. 

CALUM:" BUT I DO IT FOR THE LOVE, WAITING ON THE GOLD RUSH, KEEP IT ON THE EDGE, SMOKING ON A ROLL UP. WHEN I SEE MY FRIENDS, ALL THEY SAY IS HOLD UP AND, REMEMBER THE TIME…" Calum belts Ed Sheeran's Gold Rush loudly, and you can't help but smile. Ever since your goofball boyfriend came up with the idea to go on a week-long camping trip to celebrate the beginning of summer, he'd been nothing but energy. "WHEN WE WERE IN SCHOOL, LISTENING TO GROWNUPS. DIDN'T LEARN A THING, BUT THEN AGAIN YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU KNOW HOW TO SING, BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT! SO MAYBE YOU SHOULDER LEARN TO LOVE HER…" "Calum shut up, mate!" Michael sits up and smacks your boyfriend's shoulder, and you roll your eyes. Why you'd ever agreed to go camping with 5 Seconds of Summer and their girlfriends was beyond you. Earlier that morning, you and Calum, Ashton and his closest friend Lily, Luke and his girlfriend Alexandra, and Michael and his friend-with-benefits Kat, had piled into the van Calum had rented and dubbed "The 5SOS Van Of Magical Adventures". His excitement over this trip had been undeniably adorable, and his enthusiasm was definitely rubbing off on you since you'd felt happier and more positive since you'd been around Cal. So you'd drove into the countryside earlier, and after watching Luke and Cal make fools out of themselves struggling with the tents, Michael and Kat heading off into the forest to probably do more than just collect firewood, and the rest of you carefully unpacking and putting everything in order, the four boys and you four girls found yourselves perched around a crackling bonfire. You're snuggled up next to Calum's side, a thick blanket wrapped around the two of you. Ashton had made up a yummy dinner earlier- he'd taken pitas and spread tomato sauce and cheese on them, put them on rocks nearby the fire, and they'd soon all cooked into miniature pizzas. Now you'd all moved on to toasting marshmallows, then sandwiching them between hershey bits and graham crackers to create the ultimate s'mores. Your night had been filled with laughter and fun, and you were so happy summer had finally arrived. You'd desperately needed a break and this was it. And now you were sat out here on a lovely adventure, with your lovely boyfriend and your best friends, underneath a sky full of stars with a mouth full of marshmallows. You feel Calum's warm arm slipping draping over you, and you rest your head on his shoulder, feeling sleepy but satisfied with the long day and the fun filled week ahead. "Hey Y/N, are you falling asleep?" Calum whispers incredulously. "Maybe." You whisper back, nuzzling his neck. He pauses, and seems to consider this. "Alright guys," He says to the group. "Me and the lady are both exhausted, so we're gonna go to bed. See you in the morning." Everyone chants back goodnights, and you and Calum head for the tent you're sharing. You zip the flap shut and lay down on the sleeping bag, about to shut your eyes when you see your boyfriend's mischievous grin hovering over you. "What is it babe?" You ask, leaning up to kiss him lightly. You're surprised when he presses back a little more forcefully, reaching up and tracing your jawline with his thumb. "I know you're tired," He mumbles. "But we have the rest of the summer to sleep in. Trust me, tonight I think you need to be woken up a little." "What did you have in mind?" You breathe back, but you already know the answer as Calum leans in again.