Luke Leaves For Tour

You stood in the living room staring at the suitcases. You wore a sweatshirt and leggings with Luke’s beanie lazily resting on your head. You hadn’t bothered to put your contacts in or make up on, you just wore your glasses. You didn’t care what you looked like, it didn’t matter. You were really upset about Luke leaving today. How were you supposed to go 6 months without him? Luke came down the stairs and wrapped his arms around you. “I don’t want to go” he mumbled into your hair. Your eyes were filled with tears, but you didn’t want to cry yet. You were still here with Luke, you wanted to just have this moment with him. “I’m gonna miss you so much” you whispered into his chest. You sighed and pulled away. You helped Luke put all of his things in the car and drove to the airport. You looked out the window the entire time. You couldn’t believe he was leaving. You knew that this was his career and you had to make these sacrifices to work things out. When you arrived, you walked through the airport hand in hand with Luke. You stopped and Luke cupped your face with his hands. He kissed you passionately and you felt his lips start to shake. You opened your eyes and saw tears falling down his face. You let out a giant sob and buried your head into his neck. “Luke, I love you so much. Promise you’ll call every day, please.” you begged him. “I promise, I promise. As soon as I get there, I’ll call.” Now it was the hardest part, the goodbyes. The rest of the boys were standing waiting for you to let go of Luke. You hugged him one last time and gave him a kiss. “I love you so much.” you told him. You looked into his eyes. They were full of sadness and raw emotion. “I love you too” he replied as he held both of your hands. He let them go and you let them drop to your sides as your heart dropped when you saw him disappear to the plane. You didn’t know what to do, so you sat on one of the benches and cried until his plane took off. Ignoring all the concerned and sympathetic looks that people gave you, you watched the plane until you could no longer possibly see it in the sky. It was going to be a long 6 months.