Scary Movies

Ashton: “You picked the movie last night,” He reminded you as he sat down beside you. You immediately snuggled into his chest, his arms wrapping around you protectively. The opening credits rolled by and you groaned just as the movie was starting. “You make it worse then it is babe,” he said laughing as you pulled the blanket tighter around you. Within the first few minutes somebody had already been killed in the most grotesque way possible. Hiding your face in Ashton’s chest, he ran a hand up your arm soothingly as he laughed. “You’re adorable.” He said. “You’re a dick.” You said still hiding your face. “Hey! That’s not very nice!” He said laughing slightly. “You picked this movie on purpose didn’t you?” You said glancing back at the screen and wincing as another blood curdling scream echoed off of the television. “Who me? Pick a scary movie on purpose, gosh no.” You playfully slapped his chest, his arms tightening around you. “You love me,” He said kissing your head. “I guess…” You said wincing and tucking yourself into his side further, trying to avoid looking at the screen. “I’ll protect you, I always will.” He said into your hair. Needless to say for most of the movie you hid your face on Ashton’s chest. 

Calum: You actually didn’t mind horror movies, so just as your relationship with Calum was in it’s early stages and currently you were at his flat, having a nice night. “Want to watch a movie?” He asked, a cheeky grin on his face. “Sure!” You said crossing your legs on the couch and setting into the cushions. He stood up, walking towards the cabinet and inserting a disk into the player before sitting back with you, his arm resting on the back of the couch around you. The opening credits rolled by, finally revealing the title. A classic horror movie, ‘It’ was playing. “Oh I love this movie! It’s actually so good!” You said shifting to look at him. His head snapped towards you, his eyebrows raised. “Really? You actually like scary movies?” He said. You smiled, laughing slighlty. “Yeah, they’re good. I just tell myself that they’re not real. Why?” You asked. “Who knew you were so damn brave eh? I was going to play it, you’d get scared and we’d end up cuddling but no it’s fine, ruin the night.” He said with a slight smile on his face. You decided to play along, changing your plan. “Oh dear Calum, this movie is just so scary… I don’t know if I can watch!” It took him a few moments before he realized what you were doing, a knowing smile breaking out on his face. “I’ll protect you!” He said in his deepest voice, pulling you closer and tucking you into his side. “Awe, how sweet.” You said laughing as the movie began to play. 

Luke: “I think I’m going to be sick.” You said as yet another person was mauled to death. You flinched, as blood spattered on the lens. “Don’t be a wimp,” Michael said from across the room, laughing at your unease. “How can you all just watch this? It’s so gross!” You said, the movie driving your point home further, a scream finishing your words. “It’s fake!” Luke said beside you laughing. “You can practically see the fake blood packs in their shirts!” He said rubbing your arm. “You all are twisted,” You said looking down at your phone. “It’s almost over,” Luke said from beside you. “It’s been like thirty minutes,” You said chuckling. “It’s getting close! Only like an hour left!” He said, you groaned and rested your head on his shoulder. “You’re really uncomfortable aren’t you?” He whispered, his warm breath on your cheek. You didn’t answer, adverting your gaze to your lap instead of the screen. “Let’s go for a walk or something, I’ve seen this like half a dozen times before.” He said standing up, grabbing your hand in the process. “Thanks,” You said following him out, a chorus of shouts following you out of the house. 

Michael: “C’mon Michael! It’s not even scary it’s a movie that makes you think, like a mind game!” You said. You wanted to watch the new thriller that was released on DVD, but Michael wasn’t crazy about scary movies. “That makes it worse! Because then you over think it!” He said. You were cuddled up on the couch, you protecting him more then the other way around. “You’d rather watch gore and people being killed but you can’t take a little mind game?” You said laughing. He playfully pouted and you shushed him, focusing on the film. You could tell Michael wasn’t into the movie, playing with your fingers or on his phone, but he let you finish the it. As it came to an end you sighed. “That was so good.” You said. “Did you like it?” He shook his head. “You’re far more interesting then the movie.” He said still playing with your fingers. “Oh really, or was it you were just scared?” You said chuckling at your accusation. He looked up, glaring at you. “It wasn’t that bad!” He said. “How would you know, you didn’t watch it!” He laughed. “You’re not going to let it go are you?” He said hanging his head in defeat. You shook your head, smiling at him. “You’re adorable.” He said, leaning in to kiss your cheek.