Chapter 13

That cringing sound I hear every morning fills my room. I slam my fist onto the snooze putting my alarm clock to sleep. I pull myself out of my bed dragging myself to the secret vault.

I walk into the room with my training gear and clothes and pick out black hot shorts and a brown crop top. I grab some shoes and leave the vault.

I walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. The bruise on my face is still significantly there. I slightly touch it and I flinch in pain. I go back into the spare room which is my room for the week to get changed. As I'm putting my shorts on my mum bursts through the door. I immediately jump in fright covering myself with my crop top.

“Oh good your getting ready." She says sounding surprised.

“Could you at least knock, I’m getting changed."

"Sorry honey, I am a girl you know."

I quickly turn around and put on my crop top.

When I turn back my mum is gone. I didn't even here her leave. Well she is a spy.

I slip on my black joggers and walk out to eat my peanut butter toast that's on the bench. I quickly eat it when dad walks out of his room and grabs his keys off the bench.

“Make sure you have everything for school."

I nod. I get up and place my plate in the sink and walk to the spare room to pack my school bag. I look at my colour coded time table and take out my Maths, English, Science, HSIE and PDHPE book and put them in my bag. I grab some food from the pantry and shove that in my bag too. I grab my school uniform and put that in my bag. I slump my heavy bag over my back. I walk back outside to the car with my mum behind me. She locks the door than hops in the car.

-------------------------------------------------

We arrive at the workshop. I chuck my back on the ground and walk into the middle of the arena where my mum is setting up gymnastics mats along the ground. I grab some and help her set up.

“Ok done." She says with satisfaction.

“This week for training we are going to be doing defensive skills for example blocking and how to defend yourself."

“Let’s get started then." My dad says enthusiastically clapping his hands together.

We first do some basic gymnastics moves like cartwheels, walk overs, barunis. I ask why I need to learn this and there reply was that it may look silly but it will help with defence moves. After a few hours I have mastered the gymnastics moves pretty well according to my dad. He grabs his pen, clipboard and stop watch.

“Ok I am going to test you now, I want you to think of a minute routine using the moves you just learnt. You will need to make it up as you go that is part if the test."

I walk to the end of the row of mats. My dad nods his head motioning me to start as he clicks the stop watch to start. My mum stands beside him looking at me as I step on the mat.

I do a roll over followed by a one handed cartwheel. I run a few steps and do a baruni followed by another two steps into a front walkover then a back walkover. I go into a handstand and wait for a few seconds before I roll out of it.

"Stop." My dad says clicking the stop watch off.

"That’s very good Vanessa, this is one of your stronger points." My mum says grinning.

"You definitely passed." Dad says not looking up from his clipboard. He places his clipboard back into his bag.

"When we got the new security systems installed we got a plumber in so we could install a shower, now you won't have to go to school sweaty. It's in the little room over there." He states as he gestures with his hand.

"Thank you, am I dismissed?" I ask

My mum looks at her watch and nods. I smile and grab my school bag off the floor and walk into the room which I have seen before but never took notice of it. I have always gotten change in what looks like an office. I walk into the small room and there is a lounge with a small cupboard. There's another door across the room from the entrance which turns out to be where the shower was installed. It's a small bathroom with a toilet and a sink that's been installed as well. There are purple and pink towels hung over the silver rack.

I undress and hop in the shower to wash all the sweat off to get refreshed. I grab the towel off the rack and quickly dry myself. I get changed into my blue and white uniform. I pull my hair pack into a high pony tail and quickly slip on my leather shoes. I walk back outside with my bag slumped on my bag and hand my mum my training clothes to take home.

I look at the clock on the wall and its 8:45. School starts at nine so I better hurry up. I start to walk out of the workshop to walk to school seeing as its closer than I thought after dad explaining it to me in the car before. I'm suddenly stopped by my dad.

"Could you help us pack up the mats, we will give you a ride to school?"

"Sure." I nod

We pick up the blue gymnastic mats and place them against the wall. By the time we finish its 8:55. We quickly hop in the car and drive to school I hop out of the car kiss them both goodbye and quickly walk to E Block where Science is. I quickly walk through the door as the bell goes and get instant stares from my class mates. Then I realise what they are staring at. My face. My bruised face.

Thanks for reading guys

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow!!!

Thank you to @CasieLina for this awesome banner on the side.