Chapter 9

I wake up and get off the bathroom floor to look in the mirror. The bruising on my face has gone down but not by much. I walk back into my room and look at my clock and it's says 2:59am. Why am I up so early I think drowsily? I hop back into bed so I can get a well deserved sleep in.

Beep.........Beep.......Beep......... Beep. It's my alarm clock. My mum comes bursting into the room with her blue track pants and black singlet top on.

"Come on Vanessa training time".

"Really on the weekend. Have you not heard of ummm I dunno sleeping in!!!!"

"Haha smarty pants get changed into the jum...."

"Jumpsuit I say cutting her off. I don't like that jumpsuit it's gross, it gets really hot in there and it's too baggy". I say sternly

"Well I was going to show you this later but seeing that you have mentioned it now I guess I could show you".

"Show me what". I say with curiosity.

-----------------------------------------------

"This is our secret vault" my mum states. "It has all of our gear that we need for missions and this over here" she says as she guides me to a door is your new training gear". My mum pushes open the door and there stood training clothes, shoes all sorts of things for training even my own harness.

My sleepy eyes widen bigger than they have ever been before.

"So all this is mine I can use all of it for training?" I ask

"Yes" my mum replies

"Oh so you showed her the vault". My dad says walking in the room wearing denim 3/4 pants and a red T-shirt.

"So are you going to choose something to wear seeing we have to leave soon"? My dad asks.

"Ok".

As my parents walk out of the room I walk into my training gear room and pick out the training clothes that I'm going to wear.

I pick a pink jacket a with a strip of black along each side with black hot shorts, pink and blue Nike shoes with purple socks and a pink Just Do It head band.

I close the door and walk back to my room to get ready. I brush my teeth and wash my face. After I get changed I put my hair in a pony tail and slide my headband on.

I walk to the kitchen and open the fridge and grab two bottles of water. I start walking out side when I hear my dad saying

"Think fast" as he throws the keys to me so I can lock the door.

I walk back to the door and lock it.

As we drive I touch my head and feel instant pain from the bruise.

I just hope that it goes down for Monday because how am I going to explain how I got it at school.

"Ok we are here" my dad says as he parks the car.

"Aren't we going to the workshop?" I ask.

"No we are getting a new security system in because of when it went off on Monday". My mum adds

"Oh ok".

We are at an athletic field with tracks and high jump and all the other things we will use to train with.

Dad walks over to turn the lamp posts on as mum and I walk into the middle of the field.

The bright lights come on and blare down at us. I have to shield my face because it's so bright.

"Ok today is going to be endurance activities. To see how long you can last for such as how many running laps can you do before you slow down". My mum explains.

"But first we must stretch" my dad says dropping gear onto the ground from the car".

So I begin it stretch by rolling my neck, lunging and stretching my arms.

"Ok drop down and give me 20" my dad screams"

So the training session begins.

-----------------------------------

"Ok good you have alright endurance" my mum states

"The last thing we are going to do is run around the oval 2 times to finish off".

"Seeing its 8:00 we should be home by 20 past by the time we pack up. You have already done the endurance part to see how long you can last so this time I want you to try even harder and work on the start to push off the ground in the starting position."

I bend down into the starting position. My hair is messy from all the training.

"On your marks.........set.........go" my mum yells before I sprint off around the track.

I run and run and run whipping around the track and finally finish the two laps. Wow I think I was pretty quick this time

"Good job my dad says there was some improvement". He says with a tone implying there was no improvement at all.

"Hop in the car we packed the gear when you were running"

"Alright" I reply as I start walking to the car.

-----------------------------------------

When we arrive home I immediately go to have a shower.

After the shower I get changed into denim shorts and a pink top with sneakers on the front. I walk out of my bedroom where I'm greeted by my parents.

"Vanessa dear can we talk to you?" My mum asks.

"Ok" I reply

My mum directs me to the table where she and dad sit down as well.

"Because it's your birthday next Saturday we were wondering because your 16 if you wanted to re do your room and bathroom and have a birthday party on the Sunday?"

They both look at me.

"Where would the party be I ask?"

"Here" they reply

I look at them both and think about how much I wanted to redo my room but never could because they were never there.

"Yes!!!!!!!" I say happily.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" I say happily as I jump on them and give them a hug.

"I will go plan out what colour I will paint my room and do the invitations".

I run excitedly to my room and pull out pens, pencils, rubbers, sharpeners everything I think I will need to plan out my room and the party.

Since my parents came home this is the only thing that I have looked forward to involving them.

Hey guys

I tried to make this chapter long to make up for all the short chapters.

Please READ, COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW