Chapter 5

"You will find out more tomorrow," She reassures, giving me a warm smile. "You need some sleep. I'll set your alarm for 3:00am tomorrow. We need to start training as soon as possible."

I stare out my parents with my eyes wide open in disbelief.

"Tomorrow? What about next week?" I say, grunting at the thought of having to wake up so early.

"Honey, you're not taking this seriously. We need you to act like an adult! This isn't just something you will do when you get to it, you have to act now." My dad says with a firm voice and I can tell he is really serious about this whole thing. I am now starting to realize that this whole spy thing is real, which means so is the enemy after me.

"Yeah well how would you feel if you were having an awesome night and then you get told someone wants to kill you?" I hiss, the anger welling up about the situation. "You don't understand!" I grunt, stomping to my room and as I get there I slam the door.

I jump on my bed and sooner than I know it I'm fast asleep, ignoring and forgetting the whole spy situation.

Beep. Beep Beep. My alarm clock is ringing sooner than I expected. That dreaded alarm clock, always annoying me.

"What time is it?" I mutter to myself, turning onto my side to look at me alarm clock which is flashing "3:00am". Before I can complain about it, my mum opens the door and turns the lights on.

"Come on honey, time to get up." She encourages as she walks over to me.

"No!" I grunt as I throw the pillow at my mum which she swiftly hits away with her hand.

"Come on. You have 10 minutes, so get changed into what I left you." She states as she walks out my bedroom and into the kitchen with dad to drink her coffee, I imagine.

"Ugh! Why do I have to get up this morning?" I mumble under my breath as I stumble out of my bedroom into the bathroom. I look into the mirror and look at my sleep deprived eyes and bed hair wondering why this had to happen to me. I bet no one else is living like this.

I brush my teeth, wash my face and do whatever else I can to wake myself up before putting on the clothes my mum left out for me. It's a blue jumpsuit which personally, I find pretty hideous. Especially on me.

Great this is what I have to train in.

I go back into the bathroom and put my hair in a fishtail plait than walk outside to put my shoes on.

"Come on hun, I will meet you in the car!" Dad yells out before leaving the house. I quickly pop on my new converses I bought the other week and walk outside with mum behind me. I hop in the car and then dad starts driving out of the driveway.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"OK, were here." Dad informs as he hops out of the car to walk in to a building. As I walk in the building behind him there are all of these obstacle courses, climbing walls, anything you could imagine you need for training.

"Let's get started." My mum states as she drops her bag and blows her whistle "DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 20." She demands which makes me jump out of my skin. Never has mum acted like this, never.

"Huh?" I question with a puzzled look.

"20 push ups now!" My mum orders yet again, nudging me onto the ground. I set myself up into the position and begin to crouch down, pushing myself up with all my strength.

"1.. Look it's not that hard, do the push ups on your knees if you have to." She sighs, as if disappointed with my performance. What does she expect? I only do this stuff in gym and even then I don't go full out.

"1...2...3...3....3!" She shouts but I can't seem to make my body move anymore. It's too early for all this.

"I can't do anymore." I say, puffed out of breath.

"This is going to be a long morning." My mum mutters to my dad as he nods.

"Enough of this." Dad suggests, digging around in his bag until he finds a whistle. I let a sigh of relief at the fact that I don't have to do any of this exercise anymore.

I spoke to soon.

"Do 10 laps around the arena on go. Ready, set, go!" He shouts, blowing loudly into his whistle.

I jump again but only slightly, trying to register what just happened.

"What?" I ask with yet another puzzled look. My breathing is still trying to slow down from my recent exercise.

"Run!" He screams and I begin to realize what's happening.

"Oh, OK." I sigh as I begin to run around the arena, puffing and panting as I do.

After what felt like a whole day, it was almost time to go to school.

"Well we have some improvement." Dad shrugs before continuing, "We will do the same thing tomorrow."

"OK" I choke out while trying to catch my breath

"Freshen up in the room there and then we will drop you off at school." Mum says, looking at my sweaty body before pointing to the room across the arena.

I walk into the room to get change and grab my school bag and hop back in the car to be dropped off at school.

Ring!

The bell just goes as I step into Maths. I plunk myself down next to Kayden as he says "Well you late today aren't ya." Sarcastically.

"Long story" I reply before I start getting my things out and proceed for the long day ahead.

__

"Oh hey honey your home!" My parents say before I slam my bedroom door shut and just fall on my bed. I can't do this anymore. This training is too hard. I need to get out of here.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT AND FOLLOW

THANKS FOR READING!!!!