Chapter 3

Once the movie had finished we left the cinemas almost immediately, not bothering to stay for the credits.

"Good movie." Kayden says with a smile as we all walk towards the exit. We all nod in agreement.

"What time is it?" She asks, dusting off the popcorn kernels from her skirt.

"Um its..." Zach trails off, looking at his watch. "6:30."

As if on queue, my stomach begins to rumble.

"I'm hungry. Popcorn just doesn't fill my stomach enough." I laugh as we walk down ramp of the cinemas and head towards the food court.

"What do you guys want for dinner?" Jade asks while looking around at the restaurants.

"I don't mind." I say, shrugging as I spin around to view all the restaurants. The others say their suggestions which makes them have a small argument. I'm just not in the mood to fight so I clear my throat, making all the others turn the attention to me.

"How about pizza?" I smile. Who doesn't like pizza?

"Sure!" They all say, rushing over to the pizzeria.

I try to catch up to them but they are already in the restaurant, sitting down after being directed by the waiter. As I enter the restaurant, the staff member comes to offer me a table but I just gesture towards my foolish friends who at the moment seem to be chatting mindlessly. The waiter just gives a small smile before allowing me to proceed to my friends.

"Thanks, guys." I say sarcastically, hanging my purse on the back of my chair before I sit.

"Try to keep up." Kayden teases, kicking my foot under the table. I just stick my tongue out at him and look down at the small menu in front of me.

"Just 2 pizzas, right?" I confirm, not looking up from the menu.

"Yeah. Hawaiian." Zach says enthusiastically.

The group lets out a nod of agreement.

"And chicken club" Jade adds which nobody objects to.

Kayden puts his hand up, signalling the waiter who soon comes over.

"Would you like to order?" The waiter says to Kayden, pulling out his notepad.

"One Hawaiian and one chicken club please." He replies, handing the menu to the waiter.

"Ok then. Any drinks"? The waiter asks while writing down the pizza order.

"Fanta, please. Guys?" Kayden asks.

"Coke please." Zach and Jade say at the same time.

"Lemonade, please" Natalie says to the waiter, giving a small smile.

"Um just Orange juice please." I say to the waiter.

"Oh yeah I forgot you don't like soft drink." Zach says sarcastically.

"Is that all for tonight?" He asks, looking up from his notepad for the first time.

We all nod and say our thanks before he collects all the menus.

As we wait for our order, we start talking about the movie.

"Didn't you just love that battle scene?" Natalie asks as a huge smile creeps onto her face. "I thought it was amazing."

"Yeah it looked really cool," Zach adds, not looking at Natalie but the kitchen door, anxiously waiting for the arrival of our food.

After a pretty sophisticated conversation about how much we enjoyed the movie, Jade chimes in.