Chapter 2 Questions to be Answered

As the sun began to set, Team Kakashi opened the door to the mission house. The mission house was a two story white farmhouse with blue shutters. It sat in the middle of a field surrounded by thick woods. The Mission houses was Tsunade's idea. The houses were used by Ninja teams before major missions. Being in the same house allowed teams to talk strategy, train, reconnect or get to know new teammates.

    Team Kakashi had spent a lot of time at this house after the Chunin exams. Spending all day everyday with each other allowed Kakashi to see the tension between everyone and help them all work out their problems. Kakashi shuddered at the thought of what could had happened if Naruto hadn't caught Sasuke sneaking out one night. Sasuke had been planning on abandoning the Ninja and giving into his curse mark for power, the two boys quickly got into a battle that destroyed half the house, but by morning they laid in the grass side by side fast asleep.

"So..." Kida asked trying to break the heavy silence. "Are you guys always so quiet?"

Sakura, also feeling uneasy with the tension in the living room, smiled. "Well Sasuke is, but Naruto never shuts up." Laughed Sakura.

"Hey!!" Naruto shouted. "I am not that bad!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes as he shifted his body on the floor so that his arms were behind his head. "Really? Because yesterday you spent  four hours talking about ramen!" He smirked, upsetting the blonde who was now glaring at him from the green chair.

"Well that's understandable." Shrugged Kida from the couch where she sat next to Sakura. "To cover the basic ramens you need at least a hour, but once you get into different noodle cutting techniques and broths, you'd be there all day." Kida counted the techniques off on her fingers until she felt the ninja's stares drilling holes in her. "What?" She asked as she turned and saw their confused yet horrified looks.

Out of nowhere Naruto took Kida's hand in his. His eyes were wide and sparkling like a puppy's as he knelt on one knee. "Marry me." He stated.

"Uh..." Kida stammered leaning away from the blonde.

"You knucklehead knock it off!"  Sasuke growled as he thumped Naruto on the head.

Naruto crouched down holding his head in pain as he whined. "What was that for teme?!"

The raven simply laid back down on the floor with a sigh. "You can't go around harassing girls."

"Ya we need her to help us!" Sakura glared.

The three's argument was interrupted by sweet and contagious laughing. Kida was doubled over and laughing with tears in her eyes as she struggled to catch her breath. "Man I didn't know what to expect in coming here, but it wasn't this!"

                                                                                               ~~~

Soon night set in and the Ninja retired for the night. Tomorrow the team would set out for waves, the ninja team knew a man there that would house them while they sealed the beast. Someone named Tazuna? Kida couldn't remember.

Kida sat on the porch looking out into the night. The full moon bathed the training grounds in a blue hue and the sound of a distant river could be heard. The breeze brushed against the leaves making them rattle and sway, and the frogs could be heard singing sweet songs to each other.

Kida let the night sounds soothe her as she thought. She didn't know what she had expected to find coming to this ninja village, but she hadn't expected this. Although the ninja were missguided on Cynefin culture, Kida found that the Leaf Village Ninja were kind, socially awkward, people that weren't much different from the people of her village.