Chapter 22

Thank you sooooooo much for 1 million reads !! That's craaaaaazy! I love you :)
___________________________

Kaylin's P.O.V

It was around midnight where I couldn't sleep. I sat up and stared at Harry, my gaze drifting down to the comforters. I quickly stood and rushed out of the motel room. As I entered the small little lobby, I ran over to the man sleepily reading the newspaper and drinking beer behind the desk.

"Excuse me, sir," I quietly spoke up, catching his attention. He placed the beer on the top of the counter, sitting up straighter than we was before.

"What can I do," He grumbled, lowering the newspaper.

"Do you have a first aid kit? I really need it," I asked him, hoping to get a good response. He slowly nodded and opened a drawer next to him. The drawer was practically stacked with first aid kits; but wouldn't they be placed in every room? Strange man with a five o'clock shadow.

He grabbed one before closing the drawer and handing it to me. I whispered a thank you and quickly made it to our room, slightly panting. I really need to work out . . . But that's not the case right now. I unlocked the door and walked in, making sure I shut and locked it before I jogged into the little room where the big-enough-for-two-people bed was. I walked over to Harry's side where he was still passed out from the drug.

I opened the kit, thankfully finding the right use of aid for Harry's cuts. It took a while to clean every cut since there were so many. I was slowly running out of bandaids; since I had only found bandaids in the kit.

After the very last cut I had placed a bandaid on, I let out a huge sigh. I stood up and threw everything away before crawling back into the bed. Feeling more relieved, I simply laid there and studied his peaceful face. Slowly snuggling closer, I closed my eyes and finally fell asleep.

• • •

It has been two weeks and Harry's cuts were slowly healing. He kept telling me he was more stronger and something like that will never happen again. Of course I believe him, and he thanked me for never losing my trust in him. Although I don't see why I would.

"Maybe you should get some rest. You've done so much for me when I should be protecting you," He whispered in my ear as soon as I picked up the keys to his car. I had asked him if he wanted me to buy any food with the money we hadn't spent.

"What if something happens while you're gone?" I asked, turning to face his tall figure.

"Now that I'm-"

"Stronger, nothing will happen," I finished the sentence for him, rolling my eyes in a joking manner.

"Exactly!" He smiled widely, taking the keys from my hand and instructing me to go to bed. "I'll be back before you know it." And with a kiss on my forehead, he was out of site. I trudged towards the small bedroom, plopping my body onto the bed. I situated myself and got comfy before I had quickly fallen asleep, due to so much lack of it.

I suddenly jolted awake, breathing faster than normal. My eyes widened at the site of where I was. It was pitch black and the hand covering my mouth wasn't helping the situation.

"We need to stay quiet," A voice whispered in my ear, gently. I could recognize the voice from so far away; it was Harry. I tried to talk until I eventually realized his hand was still on my mouth. He refused to pull it away, so I simply stood still.

"God dammit! Where the hell are they?!" A sudden bang and loud shout made me jump, an arm wrapping around my waist to keep me from doing any damage to get us caught. I don't know where we were or what we were doing here. From the sounds of it, we were being chased by someone quite infuriated with us.

"He wants our money," Harry whispered into my ear, "And he wants me dead."

I began squirming until I eventually stopped, knowing that would get us into further trouble. I don't want anyone killing Harry; I don't want anyone killing anyone! I shut my eyes tight, hearing heavy footsteps approach wherever we were hiding.

"I want him dead! I want her tied up and watching me slit his throat, got it? They both deserve hell."

I couldn't wipe the tears running down my cheeks at that point. I pushed further into the chest touching my back. I could sense they were getting closer, and our hide out wasn't so secret anymore. Out of no where, the room was suddenly lit with light. I looked around, my eyes darting from Harry to the door in front of us.

We were in a small closet, and they had caught us.

"Found you." The voice echoed in my head.

"Kaylin," I felt someone shaking my body awake, my eyes opening quickly. I looked around the unfamiliar room. I placed my hands on the dark wooden floorboards, and just as I was standing up, I was suddenly yanked back down to the floor. I glanced down at my hands, my eyes widening. Why am I chained to the ground?

Maybe this is another one of my crazy dreams? I pinched myself, nothing happening. "Harry," I softly called out, my throat feeling scratchy.

"Kaylin," I got a response from the right of me. I turned my head, finding Harry sitting further away.

"What's happening," I whispered, my eyes welling up with tears. He scooted closer, but not as close because of the chains clinging to our wrists.

"They found us," He whispered, leaning forward to give me a long and much needed kiss on the lips. Slowly pulling away, his jaw clenched, staring into my eyes. "I won't let them hurt you."

"I won't let them hurt you too," I replied, his head shaking at my response.

"Don't worry about me, I'll get you out of here," He told me.

"I'm worrying about you. . . Right now," I informed.

"Well don't." He stated.

"I can't."

"And why is that?"

"Because I love you." I finally confessed the feeling growing in my heart.

___________________________

Yeaaah:/ hahaha sorry for not updating in a while.

By the way, I made a personal account on Instagram; @/_makayla_xx I don't mind of you don't wanna follow, whatever youuu wanna doooo :))

Ok, about my crush talk time;

Lets just say he has sort of a bad boy aura. He skates, his ears are pierced, he listens to rap music, he curses, there are small rumors saying he smokes. You're probably thinking, "Ew, seriously? You're into guys like that?" Well I've known him since the beginning of 6th grade (I'm in high school now) and each year, I've had classes with him. He would talk to me and he was generally so nice to me. So why should I be hateful towards someone who's done no harm to me? I remember one time this kid in my class was randomly asked by another kid if he'd date me and he said, "Ew no, she's too ugly." (Which was pretty hurtful) and my crush joined the conversation by mumbling, "I don't think she's ugly."