Chapter 14

Kaylin's P.O.V

"But, Harry-"

"Shhh! Just meet me outside your house, down the street. Don't be late." He immediately hung up after he finished talking. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared into space. Why does he want me to meet him down the street at 10:00?

"Kaylin, dinner is ready!" My mom called from downstairs. I placed my phone on the bed and stood up. I sighed as I walked out of my room and down the stairs. Everybody was seating theirselves at the table as soon as I walked into the kitchen. I sat down in my seat and waited until we could pray.

After we prayed, I started to eat my dinner.

"Did you know the Millers just bought a new car," My dad grinned at my mom. She smiled and nodded.

"I saw! It looks fantastic!"

I had the urge to roll my eyes, but I thought it would be too rude; they're simply having a conversation . . . Which annoyed me for no reason.

"So, are you dating that hot Harry kid?" My sister asked as everyone around the table suddenly became quiet.

"Um . . . No. Why?" I slowly answered.

"No reason," She smirked and shrugged her shoulders. I so desperately wanted yell at her and tell her she wouldn't be getting away with it that easily. Every guy I have a crush on, she has to have a crush on too. In the end, she's always dating the guy. I can understand why; she beautiful.

"Mom, can I be excused?" I asked, politely.

"Did you eat your vegetables?" She sternly asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"Then you may be excused."

I stood up and pushed my chair in before grabbing my plate. I washed it and put it in the dishwasher. Making my way up the stairs, I walked into my room and closed the door, quietly locking it. My phone buzzed and I picked it up off of the bed.

From: Harry:

Change of plans im here now

I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up. I walked over to my window. Sighing, I jumped as my feet landed on the grass. I jogged down the street, Harry's black range rover coming into view. The drivers door opened as he stepped out, closing the door before waiting for me to approach him. I smiled at him as he returned the smile.

"Hey, babe," He grinned. My heart fluttered at the little nickname.

"Hey, Harry."

He opened the passenger door for me and I thanked him, stepping inside the car. I buckled myself and watched Harry as he sat down before starting up the car. I noticed something as he was driving down the road.

"Harry, you need to put your seatbelt on," I laughed.

"No I don't," He shrugged.

"It's the law," I raised both eyebrows.

"Well, fuck the law." He spoke with a serious face. I rolled my eyes, a small smile forming onto my lips.

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just wanted to see you." He mumbled, stopping the car at a red light and opening a pack of cigarettes. He occasionally looked up to see if the light had turned green. He lit up the cigarette and threw the pack in the backseat before putting the lighter in his front jean pocket.

"Smoking can kill you," I reminded him. He rolled the window down and smiled.

"I know." He answered and it soon became silent. I fiddled with my hands and looked out the window. He suddenly pulled into an empty parking lot. He parked the car and got out. I followed after him, watching the smoke from the cigarette rise above his head.

"Where exactly are we going, Harry?" I asked him once more. He pulled out a key from his back pocket and unlocked the door to a big brick building. Not answering me, he threw the cigarette on the ground, walking away from it. I stared at it before I quickly walked after him.

"Harry? Did I say something?" I questioned him. I still got no answer. I finally gave up and walked behind him, wanting to know where he was going. He opened a door which lead to a room full of red lockers with light brown benches. He sat down on one of the benches and rested his elbows on his knees.

I quietly walked over to him and sat down. It was quiet at first, but then he finally spoke up.

"I used to come here and learn how to fight." He whispered. I stayed quiet, staring at the small tattooed cross on his hand. "I wanted to be the most feared kid. I wanted to go back to that high school. I wanted to show those assholes they could no longer mess with me."

"They aren't worth your time. Even now, they still aren't," I told him.

"I know," He whispered. A couple minutes passed by before Harry suddenly stood up. He pulled his shirt over his head and threw it on the ground. "I brought you here so I can teach you how to fight," He smiled at me.

"You're gonna teach me while you're shirtless?" I asked. I wasn't complaining though.

"There's a first for everything. Now c'mon," he grabbed my hands and pulled me up. I softly smiled and let him drag me through a door and into a big room. He walked me over to the middle of the room and stopped. Turning to face me, a huge grin appeared on his face. My eyes were fixed on all of his tattoos.

One particular tattoo caught my eye. I was snapped out of my thoughts as Harry leaned in and kissed cheek, randomly.

"What was that for," I blushed, smiling at the ground.

"I don't know," He shrugged and smiled wide. I quietly laughed and waited for him to give me instructions. "First, I want you to hit me." He stated.

"What? No!" I furiously shook my head.

"C'mon, Kaylin. I want to know how strong you are." He slumped his shoulders. The longer I stared into his big green eyes, the more I caved in.

"Alright, fine." I groaned, causing him to smile. He got ready as I lifted my hand. I felt so bad doing this; but, he wanted me to so he can't blame me for this. I hit his jaw as hard as I could. "Ow, ow, ow," I repeatedly whispered, staring at my throbbing red hand.

I didn't even hear a sound come from Harry. His big hand grabbed my hand and observed it before looking at me.

"Just a bruise," He smiled at me, slowly lifting my hand. His warms lips came in contact with my bruised skin, lightly kissing it. I examined his jaw, raising my eyebrows.

"It barely looks like I hit you," I stated.

"We're going to work on that," He chuckled.

"How?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'll show you," He smiled. I looked down as I felt heat rise to my cheeks. He grabbed my shoulders and gently spun me around so that my back was facing him. "First is the stance," He told me, grabbing my thigh and pushing it forward. "All you gotta do is raise your fist, pull it back and go for it," He chuckled.

I smiled and looked over my shoulder. "Wanna give it a try? It's so simple." He smiled at me. I merely nodded and he let go of my arm to stand in front of me. I loved the feeling of his touch, and I felt lonely without it; now realizing this.

"Are you sure, Harry?" I asked him, again.

"I'm sure, Kaylin," He slowly kissed me on the forehead, which caused a tingly feeling to erupt in the pit of my stomach. I got in the same stance I was in before. I raised my fist and with force, I threw the punch directly at Harry's eye. He stumbled back, cupping his hand around his eye.

"Shit," He cursed under his breath.

"Harry, I'm so sorry! Let me see your eye," I demanded quietly. He slowly dropped his hand, causing me to gasp. "That looks really bruised . . ."

"I knew I would be able to teach you how to fight," He softly chuckled. I slightly smiled, still worried about his black eye.

"Do you need ice for that? I can go find some ice?" I suggested, even though I have no clue where ice could be found in this building.

"Don't worry, I'll live," He stated, which caused me to slightly laugh. "Now, moving on to kicking."

"Harry, no. I already hurt you in the eye," I tried to tell him.

"I'm a fighter, Kaylin. I've had worse beatings." He told me. "Try and kick me in the balls."

"Harry!" I shrieked.

"What?" He laughed.

"You don't just . . . Say that." I mumbled.

"C'mon, just do it," He demanded. I sighed and gave in. In one swift move, I lifted my foot and kicked him in his manhood. He dodged the kick and I missed.

"Why did you dodge my kick?" I questioned, since he was the one to tell me to kick him, if you would recall.

"Do you really think I would put myself through that much pain?" He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. I shook my head and laughed.

"I really think we should put ice on your eye, Harry." I told him, truthfully. He slumped shoulders and stared at me.

"Alright, fine." He gave in. I smiled and grabbed his hand, the same tingly feeling running up my arm and throughout my body. I tried to suppress a big smile as we quietly walked down the hall. "Just take a right." He told me. I turned right, walking into a room.

There were cabinets possibly filled with bandages and other first aid supplies. I spotted a fridge and decided to look inside it. I opened the freezer and smiled. There were stacks of ice packs sitting on the top shelf. I grabbed one and wrapped it in a paper towel.

I walked over to Harry who was sitting in a comfy chair. I knelt down in front of him as he leaned forward. I gently placed the ice pack on his eye, causing him to wince.

"Sorry," I apologized.

"You don't need to be," He smiled at me. I sent him a smile as we stared in silence.

"You have beautiful green eyes," I blurted out, causing him to chuckle.

"Thanks," He thanked me. My gaze dropped to his perfect lips for a second. I looked back into his eyes to find that his gaze was fixed on my lips. As I noticed his head leaning in, my heart beat sped up. The feeling of his lips on mine was all I needed.

His hands cupped my face as he slammed his lips against mine. Just like last time, waves of electricity coursed through my veins.

There will never be a time that I would regret sneaking out of my house, just to see Harry.