Chapter 21

Kaylin's P.O.V

"What do you want from us?" I quietly spoke up, trying to help Harry stand as he put a bit of his weight on me.

"What? You think I want something from you?" He smirked at me as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I assume you aren't from around here."

"What makes you think that?" I questioned, suddenly hearing Harry's heavy breathing slowly begin to increase.

"Nobody in the right mind would even think about walking down this street, Darlin." He answered.

"W-Why?" I shivered, gently pulling Harry closer to my side. I watched as he slipped his hand in his pocket and slowly pulled out something shiny and silver. Once I realized what it was, my eyes widened.

"It's a shame that you have to watch him in his vulnerable state," He snickered, ignoring my question and directing his attention to Harry.

"Don't bring this on him," I attempted to act confident, in hopes that nothing could happen to Harry again.

"Maybe I should give him just one more cut," He smirked, walking forward. As I stared at the blade, I realized it had dry blood on it. I pulled Harry away from him, my body trembling with fear.

"Please, just leave us alone," I cried out, my confidence completely vanishing.

"Alright," He chuckled, taking a long step before he shoved Harry away from me. I let out a gasp, watching as Harry fell to the ground in pain. He let out a yell, arching his back up in hopes to stop the cuts on his back from stinging.

He's saved me so many times. It's time I repay him.

"Do you want money?" I quickly asked. He chuckled and shook his head, taking a large step toward me so that our bodies were inches apart. I attempted to back away, but he immediately stopped me, wrapping his arm around my waist. With pure terror, I pushed his chest with all the energy in my body, glancing at Harry as he struggled to stand up.

"It's not always about the money, babe," He let out a low laugh, his dull, brown eyes twinkling at the sight of me struggling. He suddenly turned his head and stared at Harry who eventually stopped moving to relax his aching and swollen body. I felt a tear glide down my cheek at the sight of him. I can't stand seeing him in pain, and I don't think I ever want to experience it again. "Awe, little darling can't stand to see her lover in pain, can she?" The man suddenly spoke up, making me flinch.

I replied with silence. More tears flowed down my cheeks; this mess we were dragged into . . . It's a nightmare. The man leaned forward and whisper into my ear, "No more pain for lover boy." I furrowed my eyebrows as he let go of me. He dug deeper into his jacket pocket, pulling out what looked like a sharp needle.

"Harry, get up," I demanded, immediately running over to him. But, I was soon stopped by the man, his arm extending, elbow roughly hitting me in the gut. I clutched my stomach, a nauseous feeling slowly appearing. "Stop!" I yelled at the man, watching as he walked over to Harry and bent down. "Harry!" I screamed for him to move, but he couldn't.

The man jabbed the needle into Harry's arm and pulled it out seconds later. I let out a loud sob, watching as Harry posture slowly changed. I gritted my teeth and stared at the man. "What did you do to him?" I glared at him, my fists clenching. He ignored my question and dropped the needle, striding towards me.

In the corner of my eye, Harry was mumbling several slurred words as he struggled to stand up, again. The realization hit me.

He drugged Harry.

I stared at the man, pure fear and rage. His next attempt was to lock me in another tight hold. My instinct was to kick him in the groin, and that's what I did. He fell to his knees, groaning in pain. And just like Harry taught me, I roughly punched him in the face, nearly knocking him out.

I ran over to Harry's side, helping him up.

"W-What? Wh-What's goooing on?" He mumbled, his eyes half closed as he struggled to walk with me. I ignored his question and occasionally looked back at the man who was still lying on the ground. I found the familiar parking lot and struggled with Harry's weight and my weight put on me. I found the single car in the empty lot and I quickly walked over to it, dragging Harry with me. I opened the backseat door and helped Harry lay down on the seats.

I closed the door and ran over to the drivers side, opening the door and hopping in. I locked the doors and felt somewhat relieved as I started up the car. I pulled out of the lot, driving down the vacant road. I knew there had to be a motel somewhere around here.

After 10 minutes of driving, I spotted the little motel and I let out a tired sigh. I parked the car in an open spot and stepped out. I jogged inside the motel and payed for a cheap room to stay in for a while. I thanked the man and grabbed the keys from his hand before I walked back outside. I grabbed our bags and helped Harry inside the motel and into the elevator.

I glanced at Harry, noticing a single tear gliding down his cheek. I frowned and quickly wiped the tear away, just as the elevator doors opened. We-well, I-walked out and searched for our room. As we approached the room, I unlocked the door and stepped in. I immediately found the tiny bedroom and gently helped lay Harry on the bed.

He began to mumble incoherent words as I pulled the blanket up to his shoulders.

"Shhh." I slowly ran a hand through his curly hair, kissing him on the forehead. I crawled onto the tiny bed and curled up next to Harry who was already fast asleep. I stared at his chest, looking at all of the cuts. I suddenly stood up again to search for an aid kit. There was no point in searching since I knew there wasn't an aid kit in this room.

I let out a frustrated sigh before crawling back into the bed and kissing his nose. I didn't bother to pull the covers over me since I hate the feeling of sleeping under used covers in a hotel; even if it's washed.

I stared at Harry's beautiful face. I slowly caressed his cheek, wondering why he'd ever want to run away with me.

"Things will get better, I promise," I whispered to him, knowing fully well he was still on the drug and fast asleep. At least we are away from that man.

___________________________
Sorry for another long wait :(

Merry almost Christmas!! It's not all about the presents under the tree, ya know :) it's also a very important birthday.
(Jesus)
___________________________

Is anybody going to the
Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field, Where We Are Tour concert? I'll be there, just inbox me if you're going ! I'll be ALL the way at the top. The tickets are expensive :/

- See you later my home skillet biscuits