Chapter 12

Kaylin's P.O.V

"So, how was your day?" Harry asked after we sat down in an empty booth. He had called and invited me to have lunch with him at this cute little diner a couple blocks away from my house.

"It's good. What about your day?" I smiled as I answered his question.

"Good . . . Well, now it's good." He mumbled the last part, causing me to blush. A waiter approached our booth and pulled out a notepad along with a pen.

"Good evening! My name is Todd and I'll be your waiter for today! Lets start off with drinks. What would you like."

"I'll have coke and she will have," Harry turned to me and waited for my answer.

"Sprite," I answered. The waiter nodded.

"Do you both need more time to decide?" He asked. I looked at Harry as he did the same. We both agreed that it was time to order.

"I'll have the New York strip steak," Harry ordered.

"And I'll have chicken fingers," I replied as Harry chuckled. I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. The waiter soon left and it gave me the chance to lean over and smack Harry's arm.

"Bloody hell?! Why do you keep doing that!" He spoke with a serious face. I laughed at how serious he was.

"Relax Harry, I'm just joking. Plus, you're never too old for delicious chicken fingers." I told him. He shook his head, slightly smiling.

"Hey, Kaylin, isn't that your dad?" I heard him ask. He was looking over his shoulder. I followed his gaze and my eyes landed on a familiar human I just so happen to call my dad.

"Crap." I muttered as soon as his eyes decided to mindlessly search the diner. I noticed that he was with my mom, which made it even worse. I tried to cover my face with my hands as I looked away.

"Looks like they're leaving," Harry told me. I sighed in relief as I looked back and watched them exit the diner.

"Thank the Lord," I commented, causing him to laugh.

•••

"I'm home!" I called out, closing the front door. I kicked off my shoes and realized all I got was silence as a reply. "Mom? Dad?" I called out again.

"Come in the kitchen, Kaylin," I heard my dads voice. I obeyed and walked into the kitchen. I spotted my dad who was leaning against the counter with his arms crossed.

"So, I called Cara's mom today," He started. I nervously smiled and waited for him to continue, "I asked her what project you two were working on so I could possibly help you out since I really want you to earn that A plus. She told me that you weren't there." I opened my mouth to speak, but he held up his index finger, signaling for me not to speak. "She also explained that you and Cara were no longer talking."

"Yeah, for a reason." I added.

"Funny. See, today your mother and I went to little diner close to our house and as I walked in, I saw a girl who looked awfully a lot like you, sitting with a both I never approved of from the beginning."

I shrugged, hoping my punishment wouldn't be bad. Oh, who am I kidding? It will be bad.

"I don't want you seeing him, kaylin. He's bad news. Now, go to your room and stay there!" He gritted his teeth together. I clenched my fists and walked up the steps. Walking into my room, I slammed the door shut before locking it. I walked over to my bed and sat down. I glared at the floor, wondering why my parents are so judgmental when it comes to Harry.

I laid my body on my bed and turned my head to look at the clock. It read, 6:48. An idea popped in my head as I smiled. I stood up and pulled on a sweatshirt before sitting back down. To pass time, I took a short nap.

•••

As soon as the clock hit 10:00, I jumped off my bed and opened my window. Slipping out and jumping down, I walked over to the sidewalk and quickly jogged away from my house. I stuffed my hands into my sweatshirt pockets while I observed my surroundings. It wasn't long before I could hear people talking and laughing. I turned the corner and quickly stopped.

It was too late to turn away. They had already seen me. They slowly walked over to me with disgusting smirks. They were the guys that had beat up Harry.