Chapter 20

Kaylin's P.O.V

"Harry, where are we?" I quietly asked him, breaking the long silence. He shrugged and glanced at me through his black raybans. He pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and spoke, the smoke escaping from in between his lips.

"We're almost there." He took his right hand off of the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh, giving a gentle squeeze. I looked down at his big hand, noticing a cross tattooed in between his thumb and index finger. I raised my hand and slowly placed it on top of his. I lifted my head up and looked out the window, watching everything pass by. I tried to forget what had happened yesterday with that man.

It scared me, knowing the fact that Harry could snap a human beings neck without trying. But . . . No matter what he does, I just keep feeling the need to stay with him. He has never hurt me. If anything, he kept me safe. And that one thought came to mind once again.

What the heck are we? Are we dating? He never asked, though. Oh God, I'm sounding like I have an obsession over him.

"Everything will be ok. I know it seems like I dragged you into this, but I just wanted to get out of that town, Kaylin. I'm not wanted there," He mumbled. Well, you are wanted in my heart.

"As long as I'm with you, I know everything is ok," I mumbled, leaning my head against the window. I could see his faint smile in the corner of my eye before I had tiredly closed them for a moment. "Maybe you should pull over and sleep?" I quietly suggested.

"I don't know. I really want to get as far away as possible," He replied. I lifted my head and turned to face him.

"Harry, you've been driving for over a couple of days. I think we are far from home. Please? You look really tired and you need your rest," I pleaded. He remained silent, having an inner debate with himself wether or not he should park and sleep or keep driving. "It is either that, or you let me drive." I smiled as soon as he turned into an empty parking lot we had nearly drove past; what an odd coincidence. "Wow, I'm glad that got you to pull over and sleep," I stated with sarcasm.

"Hey, you got your wish! Now c'mon," He made sure the doors were locked before he climbed in the back seat, waiting for me to do the same. I furrowed my eyebrows and watched him lay across the leather seats, patting the little space that was left.

"You know we both won't fit on those tiny seats," I mumbled, climbing in the back. He tiredly laughed and nodded his head. He slowly sat up and gestured for me to lay down. I shook my head and sat on the seat opposite of Harry. I patted my lap, signaling for him to rest his head there.

He chuckled and shook his head before he laid back down. As soon as he rested his head on my lap, his eyes immediately closed. Without hesitation, I started running my hands through his hair, loving the feeling of his beautiful curly brown hair. I looked out the window and stared into space, thinking over my journey with Harry. I don't want it to ever end.

All of this excitement and adrenaline keeps me happy and I love the feeling when I am near him. I glanced back down at Harry. He was surely asleep. I closed my eyes and laid my head against the window. I could soon feel myself falling asleep.

"Harry?" I mumbled to no one in particular as I shuffled through the crowd. Every time someone would so much to have touched me, they would quickly vanish into thin air. It was odd. But I was focused on one thing; Where was Harry?

I could barely hear the music the blurry crowd was dancing along to. I continued my way up a really long stair case that never seemed to end.

"You got her?" I heard a strong voice speak as clear as day. I furrowed my eyebrows and suddenly appeared in front of a door. I slowly opened it and walked in, not expecting to see the room loaded with men and guns. I stood on the tip of my toes, trying to get a view of what was in the middle. Suddenly I could see what was going on; and it was as if I was everyone holding a gun was oblivious to my obvious presence.

"I ain't tellin' you where-" I couldn't hear the rest. It had tuned out. All I could hear was my heavy breathing.

"Harry!" I called out to the familiar figure in the center of the various men holding him at gun point. I could practically feel the tear as he spotted me. He whispered my name and began to walk towards me. A smile crossed my face, but it soon washed away. The blood drained from my completely pale face.

The so silent gun shot hit Harry in the chest. All I could hear was a loud ringing in my ears. I screamed, hearing absolutely nothing come out of my mouth.

I jerked up, sweat dripping down my forehead. I had to process yet another mysterious and scary dream taking place in my messed up mind. I sat in silence, letting my heart fall back to its normal beat; when I had realized something. I looked around the quiet and familiar car. I was laying down? I clearly remember falling asleep with Harry's head on my lap.

I looked at the drivers seat before looking out the window. The car was still in the empty parking lot. But, I was the only one in the empty car. Where was Harry? I started to hyperventilate, the memory of my dream coming to my mind; what if I was being warned?

I calmed myself again before I looked out the window. I had spotted a few shops down the road.

"Should I?" I mumbled to myself. I questioned if I should get out of the car or stay and wait for Harry to arrive. I went with the second suggestion and sat in silence. My hands started to fidget as I waited and waited . . . And waited. I couldn't take it anymore.

It had only been 3 minutes and I was fidgeting in the seat. I pressed the unlock button on the passenger door and climbed out of the back of the car. The cold practically smacked me in the face as I closed the car door shut. I began my walk towards the shops. I passed a few small shops that had been closed.

I really didn't know what time it was. Harry had thrown away our phones in order for the police to not track us down-smart one he is. I spotted a nice looking man, smoking. I decided to go and ask what time it was. As I walked toward him, he turned his head and smirked, spotting me.

"Excuse me, do you know what time it is?" I asked him, sweetly.

"How should I know, sweetheart. I don't have a phone on me," He chuckled deeply. You could tell by his voice that smoking was his every day routine.

"Oh, well sorry for wasting you time," I mumbled, turning away from the scent of the terrible smoke that was floating throughout his clothes. All I really want to know is where was Harry? Why would he simply leave me alone in his car without telling me where he would be? It's really starting to scare. Although I'd hate to admit it out loud, I'm a weak girl without Harry.

I turned to look over my shoulder. My heart nearly began to beat out of my chest as I spotted the guy following me further down the sidewalk.

"Harry," I mumbled to myself, looking straight forward. I had completely forgotten I had said that in my horrifying dream. I just wanted Harry by my side so I know we were both was safe. I turned and walked even further.

It would have been best to just stay in the car. I couldn't stand the tiny spaces though. I looked up from the sidewalk, stopping in my tracks.

"Harry," I mumbled again, but this time, my voice had cracked. Actual tears forming in my eyes at the sight. Anger and pain boiling inside of me. He was tied to a light post, crying in pure pain. My eyes caught a bloody blade lying next to him.

I ran over to him, not bothering to look and see if that guy was still following me. I knelt down, examining the several cuts on Harry's exposed upper body.

"H-How?" I whispered, staring at the long and big gashes all over him.

"They . . . They tried looking for you. I told them I would never tell where you were and that I could handle the pain they brought me." He quietly explained as I cupped his face in my hands.

"Harry . . ." I shook my head before suddenly bringing our lips together. A single tear that slid down my cheek had landed on one of his cuts, allowing him to wince into our kiss. I broke away and quickly apologized before untying him. I slowly helped him up, kissing the cut on his right cheek. "It's ok, Harry," I told him as he clenched his eyes shut.

"Oh, if only you were right, darling," I heard the voice come from a short distance. I looked up and spotted the man that I had talked to earlier, smirking at us both. I stood my ground, ready to fight for Harry in order to help him feel better. I'd go through hell for this crazy insane boy.

____________________________________
Oh my pickles, one time in 7th grade I was walking out to the busses and these group of guys were standing near the busses with stacks of cd's in their hands. And I was about to pass one of them when they handed me a cd, but I didn't take it; I just walked away. Later in the day I was told that those group of boys were arrested for illegally giving away explicit cd's on school property...

I'm sorry for the long wait and I am really sorry if this stinks.. :/