Chapter 4

Kaylin's P.O.V

"Oh, c'mon Kaylin. Every single day he had someone new to beat up! He's obviously trouble." Cara reminded me.

"He saved me from getting raped, by Tony!" I raised my voice at her.

"He wasn't really going to rape you." She laughed. My jaw slightly dropped. Did I hear her right?

"You weren't even there." I stated, clenching my fists.

"Yeah. But, I know Tony would never do that to you. That's why we-" She suddenly cut herself off.

"Why we, what?" I asked, slowly.

"Never mind. Forget it." She shrugged, picking up her sandwich before taking a bite out of it. I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore her.

•••

The whole day at school, I hadn't found the boy yet. I closed my locker and walked outside the school. As I was about to take my normal route home, I spotted him, leaning against his black car with his hands in his dark jean pockets. He had on black rayban sunglasses. I noticed he was looking directly at me.

Pulling his right hand out of his pocket, he motioned for me to walk over to him. I looked around before slowly walking over to him.

"H-Hi," I nervously stuttered. Clearing my throat, I continued, "Listen, I want to thank you for saving me on Friday."

"That dick needed to learn his lesson," He shrugged. My heart skipped once I realized he was actually talking to me. I nodded in somewhat agreement.

"Um, my name's Kaylin," I introduced myself, pulling out my left hand for him to shake.

"Harry." He simply responded, not bothering to shake my hand. I awkwardly put my hand back down. "Need a ride?" He asked, nodding to the car he was leaning against.

"No, I'll be fine." I answered. He pushed himself off of the car and opened the passenger door.

"Well, too bad, babe." He smirked. I sighed and bit my lip. I gave up and stepped inside the clean car. A very different smell filled my nostrils and as weird as it sounds, I quite liked it. He closed the passenger door and walked over to the drivers side.

He started up the car and pulled out of the school lot. He drove down the rode as I gave directions to my house. It was quiet, except for the radio playing Bad by The Cab.

"My house is right here," I told him. He pulled into the driveway. I unbuckled myself and stepped out of the car. "Thanks, Harry."

"No problem," He smirked. I walked up to my front door and opened it. I stepped inside the house and watched Harry drive down the road. I closed the door and turned around, jumping in fright as I noticed my dad standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"A friend." I answered.

"I don't like people I don't know, giving you rides." He sternly told me. I shrugged and walked up the stairs. "Next time, introduce me to your friend, Kaylin." He yelled.

"Alright!" I yelled back, aggravated. I sighed, heavily as I fell onto my bed. Why can't I just have normal parents who aren't always strict and demanding?