Chapter 18

Surprise! Harry's point of view in the beginning, wuuuuuttt. That's going past the limit! #Rebellious
________________________

Harry's P.O.V

I sighed and turned down the radios volume, careful not to hit a bump on the road. Kaylin had her head leaning against the window, her eyes closed as I guessed she was asleep. I was desperate for a cigarette in between my lips, but I had run out just yesterday. I let out another small sigh, debating weather or not I should find the nearest gas station. I do need gas, I'm running a bit low.

Lucky for me, I had spotted a sign, warning drivers that a couple of fast food restaurants, and gas stations were up ahead. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, occasionally glancing over at Kaylin. I noticed she was flinching every few minutes. My forehead creased as I wondered what was happening to her.

Bad dream?

Must be.

"H... Harry?" My ears initially caught what she had mumbled in her sleep. I ignored it as the car grew silent. I was fucking tired and I wanted to sleep. But, I wasn't going to rest until we were far away from our town I had loved to call, hell. Too many snobby rich people for my liking.

"H-Harry," She mumbled, but this time a bit louder. My right hand let go of the steering wheel and grabbed a hold of her tiny hand. I brought her hand up to my lips, gently kissing the back of it as I watched from the corner of my eye, her body relax. After several minutes had passed, I pulled into the gas station. I slowly stepped out of the car and glanced at Kaylin, slightly smiling.

•••

Kaylin's P.O.V

"Kaylin, stay quiet," He whispered as tears slid down my cheeks. I furiously shook my head, struggling to untie and free my hands from the tight rope around my wrists, behind my back. "Baby, stay strong for me," His voice was deeper, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

"Harry, don't," I whispered, my chin trembling. He cupped my face, leaning in to give me a long kiss. I shut my eyes tight, wishing it could last forever. He pulled away and slowly stood up. "Harry," I started, "Untie me, please! We can escape before they find out!" I could tell he was considering that plan, but it was too late.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" The grown man barged in with the same scowl he always uses to intimidate us, well . . . Me. Harry charged at him, throwing a punch at the mans face. A string of hope was hanging deep inside of me as I watched Harry continuously punch the man. It was as if my heart stopped beating and the string of hope was easily cut. I watched the man pull out a hidden gun from his pocket.

I screamed for Harry, hoping to get his attention so he would notice. But, his stubborn self kept beating the man. The gun was suddenly pressed to Harry's temple. He immediately stopped punching and glared at the man.

"Pull it, I fucking dare you," He spat, my eyes widening. The man managed to smirk through the painful bruises on his face as he pulled the trigger. The gun went off, a loud bang echoing through the room. I screamed and looked away from the brutal scene, not wanting to see my beautiful lover lying on the ground . . . Dead-

"Kaylin," I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder. I stirred awake, slightly opening my eyes. I looked over at Harry sitting in the drivers seat with his door open. "I gotta go inside the store, come with me." I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt, opening the door. I stepped out and closed the door, quickly walking by Harry's side.

He grabbed my hand and tightened his grip as we walked inside the tiny store. We walked down aisles, collecting junk food for the road.

"Bugles! I love Bugles," I smiled at Harry as I grabbed a bag.

"Never heard of them." He stated, walking over to the big freezers where cold beverages and ice cream were kept.

"Then you have not lived, young one," I playfully poked his side before he could swat my hand away. He grumbled as he grabbed a coke and a Dr. Pepper. "Someone's grumpy," I frowned. Then, it finally clicked. "Harry, we can stop at a motel and stay there for the night so you could get some rest. I would offer to drive, but I'm afraid I'd reck your car."

"We aren't stopping for a rest until we are far away from hell." He glared at the innocent cashier guy. We placed our items on the counter and let the man add up the total cost. I glanced at Harry as he asked for a pack of certain-I forget the kind he buys-cigarettes behind the counter. He took out his money and paid for everything. How could I possibly forget to bring my money? Now I feel guilty since he will be paying for everything.

I was about to apologize for all of this when the bell attached to the door rang, catching my attention. I looked over my shoulder, flinching as I felt a hand on my waist, pulling me close. I looked at Harry, noticing that he was glaring towards the entrance of the store. I glanced over my shoulder and nearly felt shivers run up my spine. There were two men suspiciously searching around the store.

Harry picked up the bag full of our food and drinks before pulling me out of the store. As we quickly neared Harry's car, I heard footsteps behind us. Looking over my shoulder, I spotted the two men following us.

"H-Harry, they're behind us," I whispered to him.

"Just ignore them," He replied, focused on getting to his car. Just as we stopped in front of Harry's car, a voice stopped us.

"Give me your money!"

Harry's grip tightened around my waist as we turned around. The two men stood their ground, glaring at both of us with their fists clenched.

"Fuck off!" Harry yelled, stepping towards the two men who wouldn't cower.

"I said, give me your fucking money," The same man gritted his teeth, stepping forward. He turned to the other man and whispered something that was audible enough for me to hear. "Get the girl." I suddenly clung onto Harry, as the tall man walked over to me.

"Touch her and I swear to God, I'll snap your neck." Harry growled, pulling me away from the man. The other man stepped in front of Harry, throwing a quick punch, catching him off guard as his grip around my waist loosened. The other man grabbed me, forcefully pushing me into him. I struggled to free myself from his tight grip. I glanced over at Harry who looked beyond pissed.

He stepped forward, his fists clenched. He stared at the guy holding me, an unreadable expression plastered on his face. "Let her go." He quietly demanded.

"Give me your money," The man stated. Harry turned to him, raising his fist. He threw a punch at the same guy who punched him. Harry looked over at the guy holding me. He kept his hold on me, obviously trying to be tough.

In all honestly, Harry could beat both men in a heartbeat. Which would slightly scare me, but I don't feel the need to fear Harry whenever I am around him.

"I'll ask one more fucking time. Let her go," His voice was so deep, I was a bit afraid of what he might do. The man tried dragging me away from Harry, but his plans had failed. Harry pushed me away from the man, his anger risen to a high level. From the rough push, I had stumbled and fell back, slowly watching it all happen so quickly. Harry grabbed the mans head, quickly twisting it.

I cringed as I heard a snap, causing the mans body to limp and fall to the ground. My breathing increased as I crawled away from the dead body.

"H-He's . . . D-Dead," I whispered, staring at the body.

"C'mon, Kaylin," Harry mumbled helping me up. He dragged me away from the unconscious and the dead bodies, opening the passenger door for me. Furiously shaking, I sat in the passenger seat. Harry picked up the bag and set it on my lap.

Hopping into the drivers side, he started up the car and quietly drove off.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Kaylin," Harry reached over and grabbed my hand.

"I-It's fine. You were just trying to save us both," I whispered, still a bit shaken up.

"I let my anger get to me. I'm so sorry, I've never done that before-"

"Harry. It's fine." I cut him off. It wasn't fine, he basically killed a human being and now the police are going to be searching for who had done it; and if they find out, we'll be in deep trouble.

________________________
Guess what . . .

My moms body decided to give birth to me today.

Have a nice day! :)