Memories

I slip through my bedroom door and jump on my bed I sigh in relief "that was close!" I slowly but surely drift off to sleep only to be woken up a few hours later.

"Nicole!" I hear my name being called and it sounds distant I groan and stretch. "Get up!" I hear a woman's voice. "Nicole Marie! Get your butt up this instant!" I groggily open my eyes and see my mother standing over me. "Wahh!" I scream. She hits me with a pillow. "Oh hush! Now where in gods name were you last night!?" She asks worried. "I went to the mini mart" I answer slowly getting up. "To get what at 3 in the morning!?!" She asks eyeing me, I roll my eyes. "It's no big deal!" I try to reason. Her eyes go wide with fear, "Were you buying drugs? Oh Nicole I thought you'd know better! Please don't go down the same path your brother did!" She begs. My eyes practically pop out of my head, "No I wasn't buying drugs! You should trust me! I mean for gods sake mother! I'm not a child anymore!" I state. "I know your not a child but if you're going to sneak out of my house I'm going to treat you like one! I don't want what happened to Jacob to happen to you! He wasnt smart enough to save himself an i was to late!"She says firmly but at the last part her voice cracked she had tears in her eyes as she held my face. I pushed her hands away, "You said we'd never talk about Jacob! How dare you compare me to him! And how dare you say that about him!" I say pulling off the covers and rushing down the stairs. "Nicole!" I hear my mother shout from upstairs. "No you didn't trust him and that drove him to the edge! Your doing the same thing to me!" I shout pulling on a sweater. My mother grabs my arm and turns me to face her, "Honey I do trust you, I just don't want you to make those mistakes!" She says scanning my eyes. "Well if I did those would be my mistakes to face!" I snap as a few tears roll down my face. "Darling I'm sorry..." My mother says sadly. I close my eyes and remember my brother and all the good and bad times. "I just... I just need a break..." I say walking out the door. "Nicole I love you!" She calls after me. "I love you too!"

I find Nialls number and call it he answers on the 5 ring.

Niall: what's up Nick?

Nicole: nothing but can I come over? (She says with a sniffle)

Niall: uh yeah sure... Are you alright?

Nicole: Uh yeah, well umm no... Please don't let the boys know I'm coming, meet me in the lobbey ill be there in 15!

Niall: alright see ya!

I pull into the parking lot and quickly make my way into the lobbey. There were a lot if girls on the outside but I convinced the guard that I had a room. Once I got into the actual lobbey my breath hitched, it was probably the most beautiful thing!

How did that guard believe me!? This place was way to pricey!!

"Nick!" I hear someone whisper loudly. I turn in a circle trying to look for Niall. Some people looked at me funny, my cheeks started turning pink. "Goddammit Nicole!" I hear someone mutter. I turn around and see Niall rather close to me. I jump, he grabs my hand and pulls me to an elevator. "Do ya need some hearing-aids or something!?" He asks laughing. "Oh shut the hell up leprechaun!" I say jabbing him in the ribs. He lets out a noise that boys shouldn't make, I stare at him and then we both start laughing. The elevator stops and we walk briskly to his room.

"So what did you need to talk about?" He asks. "Oh yeah, I wanted to talk to you about something personal..." I say making my way over to the couch. "Well you know I'm always here for you, your like my sister Nicole; you can tell me anything!" Niall says reassuringly. He sits on the couch facing me I take a deep breath and tell him about Jacob,