Chapter 24

Chapter 24-

Juliet's POV:

  "So, mom...?" I started. I was visiting my mother today as Ethan was out scouting.

"Yes honey?" She replied as she fixed me lunch.

"While you were pregnant...did you have strange dreams?" I asked. She hummed away as she worked.

"What kind of dreams?" She asked.

"Well I see this strange creature. It had big blood red eyes, dark black wings and this old greyish looking skin. It's tall too and it has teeth that look like sharpened pencils." I explained. She dropped the plate and it shattered.

"Mom?" I asked worried.

"What else do you see?" She asked.

"Well it was like I was outside of my body, and I saw myself giving birth to a baby girl. She had red eyes and pitch black hair and I died while giving birth. Then I saw her in the future when she was still a little girl and she was talking to Ethan and saying she would take over the world and then it flashed forward again and she had a bunch of those creatures and she had everyone's head on a pike." I said feeling a little scared.

"It's just...pregnancy jitters." She was lying. I nodded not saying anymore as she placed a turkey on whole wheat sandwich in front of me. I ate it and had some water when I heard the back door open.

Ethan came in all sweaty and dirty...He couldn't look any better.

"How was scouting?" I asked.

"We found a body of a fifth form demon." He said.

"A demon?" I asked. I knew they existed and I knew my mom was half demon but I have never seen one up close.

"Yea he had long claw like cuts down his torso. I smelt Carver around it so I know it was rogues."

"Where is the body?" I asked. I wanted to see it.

"Out back." He pointed. I got up but my mom stopped me.

"No!" She yelled.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You don't need to see that." She chided.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Juliet, I said you don't need to see it." She said getting defensive. I nodded respectfully and she took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. It's just I don't want you to see it." She sighed.

"Mom something is going on and I need you to tell me." I said.

"Well, it is said that demons have one child who possesses more demon traits. This child will bare demon children." She said.

"So what your saying is...the dreams I have been having will come true?" I asked.

"What dreams?" Ethan asked.

"No. They are just nightmares a demon gets. But my point is the child you are carrying will be a demon."

"A full blooded demon? No werewolf traits?" I asked. She shook her head.

"So every child I have will be a demon?"

"Yes and no." She answered.

"The one child with the dreams will be the full fledged demon. The rest will be hybrids...like me." She said.

"How did you know I would have this?" I asked.

I had dreams when I was pregnant with you guys. But since I was having triplets I couldn't depict which one would have it."

I took a deep breath.

"It's a girl. I know it is." I said.

"It's not a bad thing. Your child won't be some crazed demon. She will live among us and she will learn to live peacefully." My mom said turning away to clean up. I have a worried look to Ethan and he rubbed my back.

That night we had a small campfire outside. Mostly the younger werewolves.

I sat in between Ethan's legs and he placed his arms around my stomach protectively. He buried his head in my neck and lightly kissed it as I stared at the flames.

After an hour he began to nip my ear and I decided we should head in. I walked in silently and curled into bed. I was tired considering I haven't gotten much sleep the past few nights.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asked.

"Yea. I'm just tired." I said pulling back the covers and lying down. Ethan took off his shirt and threw on his workout shorts and laid in next to me and pulled me to his chest. I fell asleep to the sound of his breathing...

But I couldn't relax.