Chapter 12

Chapter 12-

Juliet's POV:

My eyes were like glued shut. They wouldn't open and all I felt was pain.

It seemed to have gone on for days. I was hot and my skin was itchy and hurting.

At times the pain soothed and turned into a dull pain and then it flared back up and I wanted to scream.

They say that during a time like this the comfort of your mate can help.

So...Ethan where are you, in my time of need?

It would be really nice if he was here and then the pain would subside and maybe I could open my eyes.

But soon the pain went really dull to a light tingling feeling and I felt like my eyes could open. My body was stiff and hurting though if I moved and I whimpered in discomfort.

"Juliet?" A familiar voice called. My eyes opened and the light burned them and I whimpered again.

"Turn off the lights." Someone said. I heard a flick and I opened them again and blinked to see my mom standing worriedly over me.

My great grandma, who we just call grandma was standing to the other side of me. She looked tired.

"Juliet. I'm glad you are awake."She breathed happily.

"I do not know what power held you but it nearly bled the life from you."She said sadly and I smiled the best I could.

"Honey, do you remember what happened?" My mom asked.

Images of fire and the witch with the luring voice flashed through my mind.

"Yes." I said softly.

"Well honey, you are almost all better. The doctor said your bandages can come off." She said happily.I looked down and my body was covered in white bandages.

"You were asleep for two weeks, darling. The burns should almost be gone but you will need to shift to fully heal." Shift? How? My skin is practically fried.

She sensed how worried I was and smiled.

"It will be fine, honey. You're a strong girl." she assured.

I did a weak smile before the doctor came in. He smiled happily down at me.

"Ah, Juliet you awake. Good. I assume your mother told you what is going to happen."

"Yes." I said. He kept smiling and helped me sit up. I winced in discomfort and he held me steady and began unwrapping the bandages. The bandages had blood and some skin on them.

I had some odd markings on my skin, they were a darker bit of tan then my original tanned skin. As he unwrapped all of them and threw them into the garbage he helped me off of the table. My skin was tight and dry and still hurting and I winced again.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Fine." I said. He handed me a bottle of water and I chugged it down before walking outside carefully.

"I will not lie to you, Juliet. It will be painful considering where your skin is very tight from the burns so it will have a difficult time stretching." I nodded and he let go of my hand and stepped back.

I focoused on the shift, such as running, hunting, being fast and agile. I felt the adrenaline rush run through my veins and I heard the bones shift and I felt my skin stretch it was so painful I immediatley stopped and let out a pained groan.

"I can't do it." I said gritting my teeth.

"It is the only way to fully heal.The burns you had would have killed a human, Juliet. Right now you have the burns that would put a human in critical condition. This is the only way to heal it." Jake said. That is his name.