Chapter 16

AN: It's chapter 16 right? lol

Chapter 16;

Juliet's POV:

Joey and Jackson had me going up and down trees trying to catch a scent. I had found many similar scents and they all led to a huge immortal scent. They smelt like vampires, obviously.

The ball os my feet were aching as we stood behind bushes starring at the small dark cave. It was night time but we could all see.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered to Joey and Jackson. Dad's small pack was around the other side.

"Dad said he will charge in. They are the older wolves and we will fall in behind." Joey whispered back. I nodded and turned back to the cave where two vampires emerged. They smelt the air and hissed and that's when wolves on the other side of the cave jumped out and tackled them ripping to shreds. More vampires emerged from the cage and Jackson yelled at us to go. Everyone shifted and went into battle but Jackson mind linked me to go up in the trees.

He was trying his best to keep me out of the fight...

I sighed and rolled my eyes but leapt up into a tree and loomed over everyone. No one saw me as I crawled from tree to tree. I saw Ethan's large black wolf as he went to a vampire. One crept up behind him and he didn't realize it. I quickly jumped down as the vampire lunged and dug my nails into his chest and dug as hard as I could. Ethan turned to me and bumped his nose with mine.

I flicked my tail at him and sauntered off back into the forest. I climbed back into the tree and as a vampire emerged from the cave I jumped on him and ripped him to shreds. We all shifted back, sweaty, dirty and with tattered clothes.

Dad and other wolves dumped gasoline down into the cave and lit a match setting it on fire.

"Grandma Emma, will put it out." He said to me as I stared at it. I nodded and we turned back.

"Wait that is it?"I asked confused everyone turned back and stared at me.

"What more should there be, Jules?" Joey asked.

"T-That fight. That was too quick. There's no way that could have been all of the vampires. There has to be more." I said denying that this was it.

"Juliet. It's done." My father ordered.

"B-B" I stuttered but he raised his hand and I silenced my mouth.

"Enough. Juliet." He ordered. I nodded and everyone turned and began walking. That couldn't have been it. I frowned at the dirt ground and scraped my foot against it.

"This can't be it." I whispered. I lifted my head and noticed everyone was gone.

"Shit." I cursed. I began jogging throughout the forest until I found them.

I ignored Ethan as he walked beside me and he growled lowly at him and I shook my head. I had a gut feeling that that was not it. There had to have been more vampires then that.

I walked inside the pack house and I grabbed some lunch, I was starving. I literally shoved the food down my throat without even biting it. I was so hungry.

"Hungry, honey?" My mom asked casually.

"That wasn't the only vampires." I said with my mouth full of food. My mom chuckled lightly and I swallowed.

"Mom. That fight ended too quickly. There had to be more vampires then that. And I didn't sniff out any witches."

"Did you tell your father?"

"Yes. He just embarrassed me infront of the pack." I said grimly. She sighed and sat her sandwhich infront of mine and I picked at it.

"Juliet. why are you eating soo much? You just had two sandwhiches and chips." She said astonished.

I had breakfast an hour ago and it was huge.

"I know. I'm starving." I said getting up and patting my empty stomach. I was craving bacon...and eggo's. I frowned and grabbed them both out and made a mini sandwhich with them.

"Juliet! That is disgusting." My mom scolded.

"I'm craving bacon and eggo's." I said happily.

"My, my what is going on with you? You never eat like that." She wondered. I shrugged and continued eating as she starred at the kitchen floor.

"Juliet..." She said.

"Yes, my dear mother?" I asked with a mouth full of food.

"Did you and Ethan use protection...during...?" She trailed off. My eyes zoned out and I felt dizzy. I never asked Ethan that. I dropped my eggo and collapsed onto the floor.