Chapter 15

Hello again all you beautiful readers! Thank you so much for reading, I know, I say it everytime but I can't thank you all for reading and commenting and voting enough! :) I hope you like it, my cast is down the side, so let me know what you think! without being rude of course :) But again, thanks and enjoy! :D PS: Also! I have recieved one banner from somebody that I thought was really really sweet, but I didn't get your name! So I have decided, if anybody sends mea banner or a cover or anything like that, I will dedicate a chapter, you're all amazing! <3

Chapter 15

Dying Lisa’s hair didn'texactly go as planned. She had the colour that she wanted all picked out, but she didn’t use the patch test so we had to give that a try before we could even start to dye her hair.

I could hear hushed tones coming from downstairs and I knew that Cooper and Victor were talking about my current situation. I had never felt luckier. Telling and showing Victor what my dad had done to me was probably the most difficult thing I had ever done. The last thing that I ever wanted was for my dad to get into trouble for what he did, but Victor was right, surely he should get into trouble for what he did?

“Ally, it stings, is that meant to happen?” Lisa’s voice echoed through the bathroom, snapping my thoughts back to reality. The whole reason for coming upstairs and doing her hair was to forget everything and anything that had to do with my dad, so I really needed to stop thinking about him.

“Lisa, it isn’t touching your scalp, you’re panicking and making yourself think that it hurts!” I laughed and she soon joined in, straightening the towel on her shoulders and giving me a sour look.

“I’m just worried! What if it doesn’t turn out like it’s meant to?” she asked, her voice was getting higher in pitch which just made me laugh more.

“Lisa, calm down, it’s going to be fine.”

She didn’t look too convinced, but sat down on the side of the bath nonetheless. Lisa cocked her head to the side and studied me. I hoped that my cheek had gone down because she would’ve noticed it if not.

“What do you see in my brother?” she asked suddenly, catching me off guard completely.

“Quite a lot, why?” my voice was curious and she blushed.

“Well, there’s this guy that I like, well, I think that I like him and I think that he likes me too. I just thought that if you could tell me what you liked about Cooper and how you knew that he liked you, it could help me a bit,” she said with hope weaved through her voice. I choked out a small laugh, I wasn’t going to be much help at all, I didn’t really know much about the male species.

“To be honest, meeting Cooper was a pure coincidence. How’d you know this guy?” I crossed one of my legs over the other and tried to get comfortable, which isn’t easy when you’re sitting on a toilet seat.

“Cooper said that you were one of his biggest fans and you met him that way?” I widened my eyes and started to laugh, she looked confused and I calmed myself down.

“No! He claimed that I was his biggest fan when he was playing at the pavilion. I was there getting a coffee and he accused me of sneaking in to meet him,” I explained, causing her to chuckle and nearly fall backwards into the bath, a look of panic flooded her face.

“Y’alright?” I checked and she nodded, panting for breath and checking her hair was still intact before smiling again.

“I’m fine. Anyway, this guy that I know,” she started and I nodded, pushing her to go on. “I met him when we went to Cooper’s first concert, he’s older though.”

I frowned but quickly turned it into a smile to hide my confusion.

“How much older?” I asked and she absentmindedly fiddled with the hem of her top before raising her brown eyes to meet mine.

“He’s 18,” she answered, a lot less sure of herself now.

“Does he know Cooper?” I quizzed and she nodded.

“Yeah.” I had a bad feeling about this, what if it was Dale or Josh? Surely he had other friends that went to his concerts.

“What’s his name?” she sighed, putting her hand up to run it through her hair before realizing that it was full of dye and she couldn’t.

“Josh,” I was about to groan inwardly but I kept my trap shut and just smiled encouragingly.

“I know him, dark hair, and blue eyes?” she nodded, a blush and small smile appearing on her face.

“Yeah, that’s him. But he was going out with a girl called Layla and last I heard, he was back to sleeping around.” Her shoulders slumped and she looked at me with a defeated expression. I didn’t really know what to do, I didn’t want to encourage her to go after Josh because he’d just hurt her and probably wouldn’t hook up with her until she’d sleep with him anyway.

“Yeah, Layla wasn’t worth his time. I don’t know, he doesn’t seem like the settling type,” I hated watching her expression drop so I tried to change the subject quickly.

“Sit forward, let me give that dye another check.”

She nodded, sitting forward on the side of the bath so that I could check how it was doing. I got up and stood beside her. The dye was soaking in quite well and it wasn’t until I pulled back and smiled, that I noticed Cooper at the top of the stairs.

“Hey,” he replied in a soft voice and strolled into the bathroom so that he could give me a kiss. Lisa cringed and slapped his arm.

“Ew! Get a room you, guys she joked and I grinned, giving Cooper another kiss before pulling away so that I could wash the dye out of Lisa’s hair.

It looked like mud when I was washing it out, as Cooper so helpfully mentioned, so Lisa started to panic until I dried it for her and she looked in the mirror. I did a pretty good job, the tips of her hair was light brown, complimenting the natural blonde of her hair.

“Thank you!” she engulfed me in a tight hug before jogging down the stairs to show her mum.

After dinner, Cooper took me up to his room so that he could get me out my own towel and a top of his to wear to bed. He started to take things out of his drawers, when I wrapped my arms tight around his firm form.

“Thank you so much, I don’t think you have any idea of how much you mean to me,” I mumbled into his shirt and his arms slipped around my back as he twirled my curls with his finger.

“No problem, Ally, honestly. And I think I do because I feel exactly the same about you,” he whispered into my hair and then handed me a pair of track suit bottoms and an old shirt of his, so I went into the bathroom to change.

I pulled his top over my head and treasured the feel of the soft fabric sliding down my body. Cooper’s smell engulfed my nose and I breathed in deeply, savouring it. When I walked back into his bedroom and saw myself in the mirror, it looked like I had shrunk in the wash.

“Beautiful,” he commented with a grin and gently pulled me down on the bed next to him.

I took his hands in mine and rested my forehead against his, looking into his deep brown eyes.

“My dad is calling social services tonight, they’ll want to ask you some questions tomorrow,” he informed me hesitantly. I took in a deep breath, I had known this was coming but it hit me like a tonne of bricks every time, I wasn’t totally sure that I was ready for all of it.

“Okay,” I replied, my tone sounded more defeated than I felt but it earned me a kiss on the nose from Cooper.

“I’m here, so is my dad. It’s going to be OK, he can’t hurt you anymore.” I nodded, moving to straddle his lap and give him a kiss. I just wanted to spend the night in his arms. The last night that I’d have without being constantly badgered by a social worker or police officer, and I wanted nothing more than to spend it with Cooper.

Thoughts on Lisa? :)